WOW Gas Prices!!!!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mcvickj said:
Filled up last night for $35

I wish I could fill up for only $35.00, it took me $62.00 and I'll have to do it again next week.

Yeah, but I just saw on CNN that gas is .12 cents a gallon in Venezuela. So compaing us to any other country is relative. I don't care what it costs in England, or Venezuela, I care what it costs me to fill my truck here in the US. And I am getting sick of the BS, it's price gouging based on what might happen with Iran, and what might happen if three damaged oil rigs in the gulf from the hurricanes don't re-open, fiddlesticks what might happen, and deal with now. And do the stations pay more for what has already been purchased, delivered, and put in there tanks? NO! So why do our prices go up daily if not twice daily. The station has already bought and paid for whats in the tanks, yet the prices are skyrocketing as we type.

Holy poop I forgot how cheap your petrol (gas) is!!!

We are currently paying around £0.92 a litre/£4.20 for a UK Gallon.

1 UK gallon = 1.2 US gallon

£4.20 / 1.2 = £3.50 (Comparative cost to me for a US Gallon)

£3.50 * 1.72 = $6.02 (Sterling to USD rate)

So I am paying approximately $6 a US gallon of petrol.

72% of the cost of the petrol going into my car goes straight to the government.......daylight f'cking robbery.

Up to $2.95 this morning. Atleast I only have a 25 foot commute to work (walk out to my cruiser parked in the drive) or I'd be screwed getting only around 12-14 miles per gallon in my Dodge.

2.78 last night (87-the cheap stuff). I tried the higher octane stuff and it just ticks my car off... makes it rattle and ping.

Today I saw $2.92, It costs me about $60.00 to fill up the Tahoe, so the Harley is seeing a lot more action these days! I can get about 300 miles on a tank out of that bad boy!

Whoa, I typed in my zip on one of those sites that WoodiE posted, and the cheapest near me is $2.49! not bad, but will get worse. I've been seeing $2.95.

$2.89 here. It roughly costs me $35 to fill my mustang up.

Gotta love a four banger.

and this....

uncle_sam.jpg

well we really can't complain tooo much we are the ones that go out and pay $30.00 for a gallon of nitro fuel so i guess we just have to do somethings in life even know we dont want to and they all know that thats why we pay so much for nitro fuel and soon we will be paying what they say for regualar fuel I'm just glade its not going to hurt our nitro prices cuz we might have to go on strike then if you know what i mean well the news says it should be about $3.50 by the middle of summer but what people dont know is bush is the reason for the increase because he owns half the oil companies in texas so he aint going to do nuttin about gas prices we have to pay to fill his cars up not him he makes money anyways(that was my opinion)

$2.95 here.

Took $45 to fill up the Dakota. Ol lady needs gas in hers, just guessing probably take $65. (Full-size Bronco)

I've been bitching about gas prices, but you should hear her when I tell her what it took to fill mine up. :)

I know we really can't complain when you compare how much we pay for a gallon of water.... a gallon of milk... But I'm all for e85 with 105 octane rating. Sure you lose a little bit of the vehicle range but you can boost compression and get more power. Except.. THERE IS NO FREAKING E85 IN ANAHEIM!!! That and I can't run it without some modifications. But some guys in Michigan are converting the gas guzzling muscle cars to e85 since its a steal compared to 105 race gas and cheaper then the watered down 87-octane.

Also wtf is with summer and winter blend gas?!?!? I live in SoCal IT doesn't FREEZE HERE SO WHY MUST I PAY MORE FOR ANOTHER?!?!

Did you just fill 3/4 tank cause my truck to $47 @ $2.87 for 16 gallons and I have a 22 gallon tank?

well i went past the gas station today and now its $2.99 and i talked to the guy at the station and he said it supposed to go up 10 cents a day for the next week and i said i will walk to work if i have to cus i will not pay that for gas

olds97_lss said:
04/19/06 - 2.78 last night (87-the cheap stuff). I tried the higher octane stuff and it just ticks my car off... makes it rattle and ping.

2.98 today. +.20 in 2 days... This ain't looking good for my commute!

Also wtf is with summer and winter blend gas?!?!

This has to do with federal EPA clean air acts. Summer blended gas releases less CO and the like, so it reduces smog. It's only needed during the summer months because that is when smog is more likely to occur. It costs more to refine, that's why you see the price jump in summer (not that it justifies the way gas has been jumping lately). We have it here in Cincinnati as well.

The lowest for reg. in my area is $3.09 & highest being $3.11, Diesel is between $3.15-$3.20. It sukcs living where I do we get reamed for gas prices,I live on the border so the Canadians get their gas here,it is the hub for trucks being it is the last exit on I-95 before Canada,so you have all the semis getting off to go farther north.

To fill the 'burban up with the 35 gallon tank it cost $108.85,to fill the Cavalier up with the 12 gallon tank it is $40.43,The CTD would cost $112.00 to fill with the 35 gallon tank,but add $5.00 for fual additive and you have $117.00 to fill it. Hopefully the 88 chevy 1500 with the 4.3 in it don't cost me to much to run. Just glad at the moment none of are vech. gets below 17mpg.

Being that diesel is so expensive we only run the CTD when needed and one of the reasons being is the gas station just 20 miles south of my house has diesel for $2.29gal(Off-Road) to fill the truck with that it only cost $80.15,State Trooper already told us as long as we fill up fuel cans and go hom and the fill the truck we are fine, so we go down with 35 gallons worth of fuel cans and fill em' up

Just thinking,With the way gas prices are going, I might as well spend $1500 in parts for fix up my 86 Honda 200sx quad and ride that into town,All it need is some new plstic,brakes,carb,and buy some radial tires for it and get it registered.

Jeff

Last edited:
hey to all that remember me just dropping in to see hows everythings going, well as for gas prices here in hawaii its running 3.20and about 350 for super and it anit going down any time soon how bout Bush barrel up some of the poop in iraq?????to think about all the wasted money we are spending in iraq??

hb1111 said:
hey to all that remember me just dropping in to see hows everythings going, well as for gas prices here in hawaii its running 3.20and about 350 for super and it anit going down any time soon how bout Bush barrel up some of the poop in iraq?????to think about all the wasted money we are spending in iraq??

I remember YA!..Buddy...

3.15 For The Cheap Stuff
PALMSPRINGS CALIFORNIA

Back