wont start after first run (I'm a newb)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrkane

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
just bought a "1/10 2.4Ghz Exceed RC Infinitve Nitro Gas Powered RTR Off Road Monster".
Ran it for the first time yesterday for about 15min and it stopped, and wouldnt start up again. Bought a new glow plug and the guy at the shop said that exceed RC's run hot and the old glow plug was discolored and the spring in the old glow plug went down a little.
What i notice now is that is when i try to prime the engine the fuel doesn't rush into the carburator, and the exhaust like it used to. I checked to see if the engine was flooded but it is not. cleaned out carburator with canned air and a little WD-40. no cracked lines or anything. need some help

just bought a "1/10 2.4Ghz Exceed RC Infinitve Nitro Gas Powered RTR Off Road Monster".
Ran it for the first time yesterday for about 15min and it stopped, and wouldnt start up again. Bought a new glow plug and the guy at the shop said that exceed RC's run hot and the old glow plug was discolored and the spring in the old glow plug went down a little.
What i notice now is that is when i try to prime the engine the fuel doesn't rush into the carburator, and the exhaust like it used to. I checked to see if the engine was flooded but it is not. cleaned out carburator with canned air and a little WD-40. no cracked lines or anything. need some help

Ran it for the first time yesterday for about 15min and it stopped
did you break it in?
tell us more

was running it on a flat surface and stopped before i could break it in good. how long is the break in process?

like 5 tanks some are more but ya.

Sounds honestly like you have a fuel delivery problem, check all of your fuel lines just to make sure they haven't cracked or anything like that. You may also need to check the fuel tank to see if the o-rings are all good on it. Does the fuel tank have a self primer? If so that is most likely the culprit. How are you getting fuel to the carb are you putting your finger over the exhaust while you crank the engine or pull the pull start?

went to the hobby shop and the guy said the head was loose. tightend the head and it came right on. now my problem is it wont stay on

just set it back to factory settings and now its running. currently broke in 2 tanks, 3 more to go

Back