Wire Management

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayeff

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking for some advice with wiring. I would like to know if anyone's is running their esc cable underneath the motor with no problems of melting the wire.

I have an Xpress XQ2S with mid-conversion and the esc will be on the back end after the motor. The servo and receiver are on the front side before the motor and I am trying to think of a neat way of running the cable from the esc to the receiver and was thinking underneath the motor. Has anyone done this before with no implications or do you know of any other neat ways of doing this? Cheers

he will be running rx wire to the receiver that controls esc.. he could pick up radio interference ..

Anything is possible I suppose. I have three Traxxas 1/16 models (mini erevos), one 1/10 Traxxas Summit, and two 1/10 Erevo's that all come from the factory with the ESC wires running under the motor and I haven't had any issues. As long as these models have been produced (15+ years) I haven't heard of anyone having any issues either. I'd be more concerned with radio interference in the antenna from a motor.

It really depends on how hot the motor gets. My motors never get to the point it's so hot i can't touch them.

Back