Will this work with the Hyper 8 Port

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't recormend it. You have to drill the shock tower which in turn weakens it. I would lengthen the handle on your current pull start and then either get the stainless wire stuff thats on ebay of as I have put some (denyema) power kiting line, 150 - 300 lbs breaking strain.

heres the link
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34062&item=3125514613&rd=1

I just ordered one while I was there.:banana:

Has any one tried fiberwire fishing line?

Nitrojunkie, did you get just the cable or did you order the complete pull start? Let us know how it works out. I'm anticipating my pullstart to snap as well and I'm looking for a better solution.

Does anyone know for sure that you have to do any drilling to the shock tower for this starter to work? The back plate looks different from some of the other starters. If where the dog bone goes into the backplate is a little higher to the left, it would probably work?

If it will work on a Hyper 21 8Port, I dont know either?

even if it works.. why do you want it.. more batteries to charge extra kit to lug around. I walk off into the woods with my savage and in my pockets i have screw driver, glow lighter and some fuel.

get it right and it takes 3 pulls MAX to get started. .21bb or hyper 8 port.

try this. listen to your car while you pump the primer... you should here the fuel squirt into the carb after about 12 pumps or so. as soon as it squirts give 2-3 more pumps. switch on the car and tx turn the throttle trim knob up to near max. glow and pull.. drive your car in circles untill warm enough to turn the throttle trim down.
Works every time for me. often starts 1st pull even now i have changed to hyper 8 it still hold true. although while i was running it in i loosened the glow 1/4 turn.

007--- I ordered only the wire as I have had my ofna pull start apart enough times to know how it goes together.. Denyema line holding up well tho.. will fit wire as soon as i get it.. will let u know.

Last edited:
I just faxed off my reciept for my Hyper, to get a new pull starter. The engine is broke in now, so the new pull starter should hold up, but who knows how long. I'm interested in hearing how the new cable works.

Back