Why wont it stop

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brad55102

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
No matter what i do i can't get my wheels to stop turning at idle. I turn the low speed needle down as far as i can and nothing, they still turn. If i try and turn the High speed needle down any more i lose blue smoke. I think the high speed is set correctly but i dont know what to do about the low speed. what the heck any suggestions.

Turning you LSN down, will only make it run lean.
Try adjusting the idle screw with the radio throttle trim at zero.

Without knowing what rig you have, my guess would be the clutch shoes are engaging which means the springs are probably shot. I'd check the clutch assembly and replace any parts that look worn.

If you can provide some details (what rig, what engine, etc.) I'm sure we can help pinpoint the root cause and get you going.

make sure the throttle trim on the radio is turned all the way down, and the motor is tuned correctly. A lean motor will idle too fast no matter how far down the idle screw is set, and the throttle trim is just like having the trigger on the transmitter pulled at all times.

You may want to try to set the trim to brake when you set the idle. This ensures the throttle is not on at all.

I agree that bad clutch springs will do this but before you take things apart.....Did you try adjusting the idle screw and trim on the radio? I know it was suggested by Rolex and he is a little crazy but he still has a lot good advise left in him. It's also the easiest thing to start with. Then tear into the clutches.