Who is an owner of a lightning rtr or pro?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is the one from HB the sell them for like 3.00 for 2

lilliightingboy21, Do you run at Browns track? A buddy and I are planning on running up there this summer. I am getting the lighting pro next weekend from Browns. My buddy has the Ofna PCR pro.

Yes... It is a nice track and there is tons of competion so be ready. Every weekend there is atleast 15 people with buggys up there. The sweet thing is that it is cheap and there is the hobbyshop there that stalks tons of parts. But i only run there when my dad feels like taking me up there. It is like a 130 mile drive for us there and back. But anyway what is you and your friends name and how old are you? Mines nick and I'm only 14 but i know alot of things about things hobby. The lightning pro is a good choice to run at the track because the hobby shop stalks pretty much all of the parts that you need if you break something and it is cheap to fix. Also this june i will be 15. Also if you need help with anything there are tons of guys that have plenty of knowledge down there. This is where i learned all of the stuff that i have so far. Also just by hanging out at the lhs and always talking to the mechinic bruce. He also runs at browns and this is how i found out about it. But what engine are you and your buddy running? I think that i am just going to run an os rg-x(p).(only a $140 engine.) All you need is good steering servos and a decent engine and you can keep up. Bruce was running a hpi 21bb in his which isnt that great of a motor but heis always in the top three. There is this guy with a mugen that always beats him buy like not even a quarter lap. But last year was my rookie year this year maybe i will do alittle better. But all of the people up there are really friendly and you will have a good time. Also before you race go up there once and just run on the track and practice. Then it is only $10 to race and it is free to just drive on the track but not a race days. But if you have any questions ask away.........Nick

Last edited:
Wow Nick you should did type alot at once Bud. I am Mark and 30 yrs old, so I got a few on ya. Chad is my buddies name and he is 31. Both of have been racin since we were alittle younger than you. Chad just ordered a Os VZB for his ofna. I am thinking of going with the Hyper 21 race version for mine. Or the Werx picco 26. Both are under $200.

Do you know what type tires everyone are running up there. I want the knuckles Chads going with the crimefighters. Neither one of has seen the track in person.

Mark

I would run the knuckles. But i only know a couple people that run the ofna x-pattern tires they work good on that track. But i know a bunch of people with lightnings up there that run the stock tires there work really good on the track. But any tire is good on the track as long it is a semi soft tire. But make sure that you have 2 sets of tires for up there. Just depends on the condtions of the track. But most tires over all work there. Ya sorry for the really long post on the other one just trin to explain..............Nick
If you have any more questions for me ask away.

i ran at browns this whole past summer.. honestly IMo the stock pro tires rip there.. i have a set of knuckles and they just do not work as well..

be 30 in 4 weeks... and 130 miles.. no way inhell.. I'm coming from the air base and it only takes me 58 min to get there...

CRSMP5 So your suggest run the stock tires over the knuckles? Thats cool, how about the crimefighters any good up there? Which buggies are most the guys running there?

Its only 39 miles for me up to Browns from what there directions say.

most everyone sold their kyoshos and kanis and got lightnings.. but it looks like over the winter they are selling them to buy different buggies.. why i do not know.. but the lightnings ruled all summer..

Yes they did. But i hope that browns hobby still stalks all of the parts if a bunch of people are getting rid of them. They will proubly be running the lightning2s now. But hey what can i do about it?

Nick,

I think you'll find alot of the LP2 parts are going to bolt right on the LP1. Plus the owner told me he runs a LP1 himself so I figure he will have plenty of parts in stock. I know he has 2 LP1's in stock. So I wouldnt worry about parts.

Alright cool. Thanks dude. Thats what i was starting to worry about....Nick

browns has 1 more clear body left.. i snatched up the other 2.. i know a few had asked abt how to get clear bods.. i might would be willing to sell 1 of my 2.. but contact browns for the other..

check the original post on the lightning.. i posted pics on the pro 2 i picked up..

Back