Who is an owner of a lightning rtr or pro?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:hamster: i have places i race at that are far away.. i picked up all the ones they had in stock.. i get discounts there.. normal prce is like 16$ a body..

with the picco 26 in mine.. i have yet to break any mechanical part.. only 5$ wing mounts.. so out drives diffs are holding great.. when i wipe a diff ill use hpi savage gears in it..

Hp invent my diffs. are holding up great. I never had a proublem with any mechanical device yet just like crsmp5. Also the only thing that i broke so far was my wing mount from a bad jump. And i craked my body. Crsmp5 are you talking about browns hobby. And are they the stock hotbodies bodies that you bought. Also without a discount will i be able to get one for$16? Ohh ya one more thing what other things does he sell out there that are worth getting? Because on the browns web sit there is only a couple of things. And i was only there once and i just went down there to check out the track and watch some races and i didnt have a chance to get inside of the hobby shop.

I have orderd from Browns and when I called he had almost every part for the lightning. Not sure what other things you want hope that was it.

browns has 60% of the buggy, austintown has 9% the rest of the items.. like chassis no one stocks.. BUT i have yet to see any one need one of them..

next time i go out i can look for bodies.. but id just end up buying more for myself.. cause the picco and 18t cb keeps ballooning the front tires so much they eat up the front edges.. brand new looking bodies.. except the area the tire hits it.. :breakdown actually very impressive..

ill let you know if i get any next time i go out.. anytime i go down there it costs me 300$+

I want to go out there in the spring and race a couple times and maybe we can met out there one weekend.

Since the instructions aren't the best in the world, do you happen to know what weights are in the shocks and if there is grease or fluid in the diffs. I didn't want to tear it apart if I didn't have to. Oh, and what weights do you think are in there as well?

I had v in my diffs. but others said they had oil. As for shocks not too sure I changed my setup after I went to the track to see how it worked. It's not too much work to do and then you know for sure what is in it.

oil weights unknown.. only the PRO has oil in the diffs..

Hello all. I'm looking into buying a lighting pro but i have some questions.
Is this the lighting pro? http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEYK0&P=7 .
If i got this buggy, everything is assembled and all i need is radio gear?

Finally, would it be better to just wait for the hb pro 2 to come out? http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGGV5&P=7 The only set bak i see with it is that its MUCH more expensive than the reagular pro and it doesn't come wiht an engine. Do you think the price will go down and will they be making a version with an engine?

It sounds like an awsome reliable(which is whta I'm lookin for) buggy and i can't wait to get one.

I just read a post about a mbx pro and how good it was. They raved about its durability and the .26 that came with it. It is also cheaper. You guys have any experience with this buggy?Good? Bad? And which is more race ready? Thanks for all the help.

i would buy a pro from www.rcboyz.com for 290+shipping.. and so far not seen a pro 2.. but th eparts it loos to have vs a pro 1 is not nessasary or can be interchanged easily enough..

don't need the pro2 for low CG servo:LoL:

buggyservo.JPG

Nice ride you got there meathead. Make a least of hpoe ups you have.

A list of Hop-ups? I hit keys like that all the time must be my sausage fingers. Well I have a P5 with a Ofna 063 pipe (back-up motor hyper 8port race) I run on a short tight track. Tires are pro-line crime fighters, Ofna hyper 7 wing mount,Racers Edge 7.5 shock ends, Mp7.5 diff gears, wing, body, Blue springs (not on yet) Ofna fail safe, Venom rx pack, rubber sealed Bearings all around, Hitech HS-645 and Airtronics 94357Z servos, JR XR3 radio and RC-Screws Lightning kit. The rest is stock pro just used some easyoff to take the color off.

Last edited:
Thanks!! I assume that you race? How have you been doing if you do race?

Another Question. Where is a good on-line source for parts. The only place I find anything is Stormer hobbies. Anywhere else?

I really dont know anyother sites because all i know is that towerhobbies.com and that one. I dont go and get my parts from there i just get them from my hobby shop.

Finally hit the track, my impressions...The plastics they use in the buggy are not as durable sa OFNA. I broke 3 things on my first race day, I bet you can guess what that was......yep, wing mount. On a slow rollover, not a fast crash. broke the nipple right off of the mounting hole area. Next was the front bumper on a 5-10 MPH collision with a pole (yes, our track is indoor and there are poles) Last, and wierdest, the rear body mount broke off. How that happened I will never know.

Now did the car handle well? YES, better than I ever imagined. Quite a big jump from my OFNA to the Lightning Pro. It was a pleasure to drive when the small things weren't biting me in the butt.

Next, is there a list somwhere of the parts that swap over to the Lighning from the Kyosho, so that I can try to make sure that this cheap ass plastic stuff doesn't keep me from the Amain? Thanks for your time.

I dont know of a list that has the parts that are interchangable but the only why yto find out is to test it. My friend got an inferno and mine looks better. But those parts should work. But the weird one that you said the rear body mount that one was a little strang. And the bumper was you fault though from running into the pole. And the wing mount was from a bad roll over. But at least you didnt break anything that is gonna cost you a fortune. Also the sweet thing is that it seems a little beter then the ofna. Well thats what you said. But over all it seems like you had a good day at the track considering it is an outdoor track.

1meathead what outer air cleaner wrap is that?That is the stock air cleaner.

Back