Which winch?

• Thread starter Lostinthewoods86
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What idea? Putting a piece of Traxxas junk on an Axial? 🤣 Not I. Nope. Never said that.

Wait... you said they're only good for competition. You planning on entering a crawler event?
Ok I misunderstood, Sorry about that. :cool: Just wondering are all Traxxas parts junk? Or just the parts you don't like?🤷‍♂️ Sorry we can't compete around here, no events near me. But I do believe the 1/10 scale winches can serve a purpose.😁. I take it you don't care for Traxxas. Oh well. I will just have to suffer then. 👌

Ok I misunderstood, Sorry about that. :cool: Just wondering are all Traxxas parts junk? Or just the parts you don't like?🤷‍♂️ Sorry we can't compete around here, no events near me. But I do believe the 1/10 scale winches can serve a purpose.😁. I take it you don't care for Traxxas. Oh well. I will just have to suffer then. 👌
All electronic stuff from Traxxas is crap. I don't know about their winches, but their servos and ESC's are prone to going bad with very little use. With that, I'd be very leary of that winch as well.

All electronic stuff from Traxxas is crap. I don't know about their winches, but their servos and ESC's are prone to going bad with very little use. With that, I'd be very leary of that winch as well.
Understood. At least we got that out of the way. :cool: 🏁. To each their own. :thumbs-up: .

Last edited:
What I don’t like about Traxxas is the way they convince the fat man to bring a tmaxx down unsuspecting parents chimneys and then next thing ya know they are starting to wonder if they need rehab.

It was for me. My Hoss replaced by a Notto, My rusty replaced by a Typhon. But I still wont trash your models. I am into Arrma, and Axial. Do they meet your standards? What do you run? I still run 3 Traxxas rigs. Drag slash, Sport, and Sledge. I guess I will just have to suffer. 🤷‍♂️ , 🤣.

Do they meet your standards?

🤷‍♂️🤣. Me and my son are just getting into the hobby, i got a couple toy grade rcs as a kid and my son has had a couple too, so we have really no experience.

Santa brought him a tmaxx for Christmas this past year (I worked with a guy that had some nitros and was always curious about them). Since Christmas we have added a HPI Vorza nitro, a big rock 3s, a MT8, axial ax24, and 2 trx4m 🤣. I promised him the trx4 (or any rc in that range) if he pulled his head from his rear in school and got his grades back up which he did. He loves broncos and the gadgets the Traxxas has so it was totally up to him on this one. I suspect one of those new trx4mt may end up in the cart too if the shop has one when i take him down there in a couple weeks 😂

I sense borderline temper tantrum, I agree with @WickedFog. Traxxas electronics suck.
I do however have a stock Xmaxx motor I am running in mine. I've had three Traxxas ESCs but they quickly went to the garbage can.
I love my Traxxas rigs but I won't run any Traxxas electronics other than my Xmaxx motor.
There wasn't any brand slamming here, he simply mentioned Traxxas electronics.
It's not rocket science, of you like Traxxas then run Traxxas.
If you don't, well then don't run it.

The Traxxas brushless motors, or any brushless motors for that matter are far less prone to problems. That is unless you run them hot.

And I didn't say anything about your Traxxas cars. But the servos and ESC's in your cars are junk 🤣

Last edited:
The Traxxas brushless motors, or any brushless motors for that part are far less prone to problems. That is unless you run them hot.

And I didn't say anything about your Traxxas cars. But the servos and ESC's in your cars are junk 🤣
👆You have no idea what's in my cars. 🤣.

R.gif

My other complaint about Traxxas is their choice of bodies 🤣. The raptor R will end up in the fleet one day, the little raptor may too 🤣. Oh and probably another tmaxx 😂 the 3.3 this time

It’s just me and my son (sometimes my little girl) playing in the back yard. I don’t have any interest in traveling to events or racing or anything, too peopley for me 🤣 we will just bash em til they break then upgrade as we go.

I like all rc's, but some parts are prone to problems. If you don't ever run into problems it usually means your rc's have low, low, mileage. I have heard many people bash both Traxxas and Arrma electronics.

RtR's usually come with the cheapest electronics they can get away with. This is why the aftermarket companies are so successful.

As for winches, for me they would be a novelty. I would most likely never use it for anything other than a decoration to add realism. That doesn't mean they aren't useful, or just fun to mess around with. :)

Of course, a million years ago I thought power windows in 1/1 scale cars were stupid, and now I couldn't live without them. 🤣

As for winches, for me they would be a novelty.
If it wasn’t for my son I wouldn’t be asking 🤣 this is what he’s been working for this second half of the school year. It’s kept him motivated . He has been talking about this winch since February 🤣.

I think I’m just going to go with the Injora one due to price and knowing what the boy is probably gonna do with it 🤣🤣🤣

I will never use one, after thinking about it. If my rig gets stuck I can just move it. 🤣

They are more for scaler guys. Those that pack their trucks with realistic gear, then set the tents out on them when they reach their destination and have a 1/10 scale cookout. Those guys try not to touch their trucks with 1:1 hands. Or they're for comp crawlers. And obviously kids 😆