wheels and tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtybird

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
maxx size or 40 series, bow tie or crime fighter? what works better

Have 40 series Crime fighter coming in the mail. Used the maxx size Bow ties. They definitely improved traction. The type compound and tread depends on the type of driving and where you drive. I wouldn't get Crime Fighters or bow ties for pavement. How do you plan to use them? where?

bow ties on 40 series wabash used on astro turf and hard packed clay have worked very well for me.

imy mate ran crime fighters the other day at flat grass/mud track we went to and that hooked up allot better than the bow ties.

my two cents

It probably depends on what your doing. For me, I like running standard sized maxx rims/tires. Using the tall/wide rims is harder on the axle bearings. Running the revo rims in dirt just sucks. My rims keep digging into the ground on less the perfect landings and it pops my pivot balls out of my RPM carriers. Before I got the RPM carriers, it was busting stock carriers.

I'm a basher though. The only track I've been on was a bmx track and I ram with maximizer 5-hole w/imex swamp dawgs. Ran for 4 hours... hard without problems. Until I cased a jump at WOT racing a savage with a 32 in it. He won...

i run 40 series crimefighter on wabash on my revo and maxx 3.3,i have a set for street and track

i like to run at the dirt track with jumps. i think the maxx size makes sense cause less rotating weight. but the maxx size is not as low profile as 40 series right. that means the tires will still balloon up. can u get 23mm for maxx size rims?

Response on Hurricanes, so much lighter than Proline's!

thanks. i was just looking at that last night. i think i'll go this route. plus alot cheaper. do they balloon bad though?

Not too bad, depends on your set-up...Mill, dif fluid, gearing, etc. The weight savings is unreal + less rotational mass = faster acceleration.

hey jon2...you will LOVE those crime fighters....i have them on wabash wheels...and get so much traction on the street (wheelis everytime) and as soon as i hit grass it rockets. They're pretty good on loose dirt tracks, like on BMX where i run mine.

Does someone make Revo sized rims but with an offset like 1/2" ?

ApriliaRacer said:
Does someone make Revo sized rims but with an offset like 1/2" ?

When you say Revo size do you mean 3.8 or just any wheel that will fit a Revo? At this time I think Traxxas is the only one making 3.8 wheels.