Whats the Best bang for your buck Monster truck?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
go for a tmaxx. ebay if u want a second hand one, remember tho what u save buying second hand u may spend on new parts or a new engine.

If you wanna play in alot of mud electric is probly the way to go the Emaxx takes a good beating and you dont have to have the brushless systems to have fun.... My emaxx has the origional motors on it (I will be upgrading to the 775) either way the brushed e,maxx is around 400 i think just like the tmaxx. I have put my tmaxx's through hell, but my electric sees more mud now... The brushless e-maxx is alittle more but when you buy one you know where the extra money went to.. With every buggy you are gonna work on it sooner or later.. so make sure you get something you dont go nuts trying to find parts.. Make sure you are happy with it because you dont want to buy something and have it for alittle while and you see something that u have to have.... so make sure you look at alot so you know you get what you want and what works for your driving style. GOODLUCK

your ANKLE?? I have launched my 3.3 over my head in the winter when it was like 20 degrees out and never broke an arm on mine at all I dont think I would go with any other brand or truck I have 2 3.3's 2classics, and me and everyone I hang out with have had the best luck with traxxas....

I've always managed to tear my Maxx's up. I've had several (2 sportmaxx 2.5, an S-maxx, and 2 3.3s). The only thing that i have found is that the parts for the maxx are readilly available and they are plenty easy to rebuild. I used to work at samsung in plano tx right next door to traxxas so all of my buddies (well a lot of them) work at traxxas. Good trucks but never been great bashers to me.

multiple launch's and multiple crashes!!!

god running it into your ankel would have hurt!

Hell yeah it hurt! I tried to avoid the curb and took the punishment lol.

Savage 4.6 all the way I have the tmaxx 3.3 and its a good truck but i bought my savage brand new for 419 before taxes.and its been the best ever its great all around.durable fast responsive.Yeah all the traxxas parts are on ebay but theres a reason there selling there tmaxx and tmaxx parts.

mtaylortank no offense I just got a bad taste with the t-maxx

everyone has there pros and cons with certain rigs.. Tmaxx and savage seem to be the most contrivershial between all of us l.o.l. np I like hear what people have ran in to cause then I am prepared already!!!!! I was looking at a used savage yesterday they are nice dont get me wrong.... even though I went with a couple 1/24 losi SCT.... Those things are pretty cool in their own way too.... I made a track in the basement for them its pretty sweet I will post pics soon... Speaking of savage have you seen the pics of the mini savage????

Mini Savage????Really!! That would be awesome!! I will take a look at that on HPI site.

Yeah, that looks nice!! 1/12 scale right? Anyone have any idea or guess as to what this mini savage will cost? Its a flux, which is kinda nice, but I know that the savage flux costs a kings ransom to buy(once you get all the lipos and such). A buddy of mine picked up the flux and was into it for $1000 or so right off the bat!!

I beleive it... but I am not sure what they are gonna charge for it though.... could be scary... l.o.l. If I end up hearing I will let ya know....

i owned a t-maxx 2.5 and it was a pretty good truck. took a bit of a beating cause it was the first nitro i owned...(and i let my ma drive it...real bad idea) the only reason why it broke while i owned it was because the first time the right front tire got caught in a sewer grate and flipped over and ripped it apart. the second time i let my ma drive it and she flipped it into a ditch and the air filter fell off cause i didnt have the zip tie on it and i proceeded to drive it and sucked dirt and sand into the motor and fried it. the third time it got run over by a minivan and dragged under the front tire when the guy locked up his brakes. then i sold it. for the time i had it running i really beat on it and never had a problem. such a great truck and well worth the money.

sounds like it was cursed l.o.l. Mine got ran over once too.. that sucked watching !!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot to add the best part I had just bought it used and rebuilt it new motor shocks shock towers ez start , brand new top... yeah that sucked but I will have to say I was able to drive it back to myself it had tore the shock tower pretty good and 2 messed up shocks and it almost pushed the shock tower through the new top....

the t-maxx i had was a 2.5 and i had just dropped in a 3.3. practically brand just a couple months old. i was having problems with my throttle and my brakes werent working and it starting crawling across the street at the park and this guy in a minivan comes flying out of nowhere, takes out my truck, locks his brakes and drags it about ten feet. destroyed the whole front end. the guy gets out and i pull it from under the van and the moron asks is it ok? as I'm standing there holding it and parts are hangin in every direction. after he left i looked at the road and there was a skid mark from his tire, a nice long blue mark from the RPM skid plate, and one of my camber rods pulled apart and put a nice gouge in the road. man did that suck

hearing all the horror stories and picturing mine gettin ran over brings a tear to the eye.... will have to say for any parts that made it through the nightmare are good quality!!!!

all the parts that survived were RPM. greatest parts ever. their parts are a great investment. if it wasn't for the RPM parts i wouldve had to replace alot more parts

Back