Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such a metrosexual
Duck Dynasty Smh GIF by DefyTV
RC cars are soon gonna be hindsight when the girls start chasing him for wearing all that smelly stuff.

Wife and I went to our local for lunch. I had fried chicken on waffles with smokey bacon, spiced maple syrup and coleslaw on top.

It was good. Somehow the flavours worked together.

1000005774.jpg

Rib roast, Yorkshire pudding, Harvard beets potatoes, pearl onions. 😁 View attachment 186998
We had roast beef and Yorkshire pudding last night also. My wife makes awesome Yorkshires.

Wife and I went to our local for lunch. I had fried chicken on waffles with smokey bacon, spiced maple syrup and coleslaw on top.

It was good. Somehow the flavours worked together.

View attachment 187012

We had roast beef and Yorkshire pudding last night also. My wife makes awesome Yorkshires.
Wow, fried chicken and waffle made it all the way down to Australia, huh?

Wow, fried chicken and waffle made it all the way down to Australia, huh?
Yes. The new owners of the tavern renovated it and gave it an American diner theme and menu.
Burgers, ribs, brisket, chicken wings, loaded fries, loaded hot dogs, milk shakes etc.

Everything an Aussie thinks Americans eat 🤣.

It has diner booth seating as well. A bit cheesy imo. Foods good though and reasonably priced.

Yes. The new owners of the tavern renovated it and gave it an American diner theme and menu.
Burgers, ribs, brisket, chicken wings, loaded fries, loaded hot dogs, milk shakes etc.

Everything an Aussie thinks Americans eat 🤣.

It has diner booth seating as well. A bit cheesy imo. Foods good though and reasonably priced.
First time I have ever seen coleslaw on chicken & waffles. The Aussies are reinventing that dish 😄

Looks good though. I have never had chicken and waffles believe it or not. Just never appealed to my appetite more than other things on the menu.

First time I have ever seen coleslaw on chicken & waffles. The Aussies are reinventing that dish 😄

Looks good though. I have never had chicken and waffles believe it or not. Just never appealed to my appetite more than other things on the menu.
Yes maybe a bit too much coleslaw on it but it tasted good and I ate the lot. That's the third time I've been there so still trying the menu. It's like 2min walk from my house.

Yes maybe a bit too much coleslaw on it but it tasted good and I ate the lot. That's the third time I've been there so still trying the menu.
I know I'd like it. love coleslaw. Especially with fried chicken. And I can imagine with the waffle and syrup it's one of those crazy combos that works.

i am thinking of having waffles now. But for the chicken I'll stick to eggs since it's breaky 😉

I smoked about 40lbs of pork butts for Easter. 17 hours at 225, low and slow. We had the in-laws and other family over, took one of our elderly neighbors a plate, and then vacuum sealed bags ranging from 1-2lbs and the wife took a few of those to give out to friends today. We had a great Easter weekend, and I hope everyone else did as well.

j1cs1EY.mp4

IMG_6289.jpg

I smoked about 40lbs of pork butts for Easter. 17 hours at 225, low and slow. We had the in-laws and other family over, took one of our elderly neighbors a plate, and then vacuum sealed bags ranging from 1-2lbs and the wife took a few of those to give out to friends today. We had a great Easter weekend, and I hope everyone else did as well.

j1cs1EY.mp4

View attachment 187021
Man, I wish I knew how to do that. Only tried smoking a few times and ended up with charcoal briquettes. But I never had a good smoker.

We had a great Easter weekend, and I hope everyone else did as well.
I worked a double on Saturday, but the low key family Easter party on Sunday was actually very enjoyable. We do more of a bruncheon, so everyone was gone by 4pm. I even got a 2hr nap in afterwards. So, yes, a decent weekend.

BTW, that pork looks scrumptious!

Man, I wish I knew how to do that. Only tried smoking a few times and ended up with charcoal briquettes. But I never had a good smoker.
My results have been hit and miss. The very first one I did was perfect 👌, like heaven, but I haven't been able to replicate that. Although I don't smoke them, just slow roast in a BBQ.

Back