what are these used for

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nodsterr

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
they are called spring retainers they look like the letter C

product_tra2668.jpg

Place them above the spring to compress the spring for a stiffer suspension.

Place them above the spring to compress the spring for a stiffer suspension.

so if i stiffin that back suspension on my rustler will it help it do wheelies?

It's a bunch of clips to adjust your ride height on non-adjustable shocks. It serves the same purpose as the spinning adjusters, you just add as many clips as you need.

Does it stiffen the suspension? No. A spring rate is still a spring rate, what it does is preload the suspension, so it gives the same type of effect as running a stiffer spring for the most part.

It will help with wheelies to a point. When you hit the trigger your car pushes downward first then forward. Record it and play it in slow motion. If you tighten up that downward thrust you will wheelie faster.

The rusty is my favorite platform, I run both electric and nitro. By raising the rear of a rustler its like raising the center of a teeter totter. with a sagging rear there is no pivot to teeter on, the battery tray drags. by raising the rear you will get much taller wheelies. My over geared 2.5 with 2.8 badlands and heavy wheels pulls wheelies nonstop through grass. (when I've got it raised up)

Correct me if I am wrong guys, but he said spring retainers...the top piece on the right. The have the slot so they can slide over the shock shaft, and then sit on the bottom plastic ball joint and provide a place for the spring to sit at the bottom of the shock.

The other pieces are the part you guys are talking about, spacers to preload the suspension.

Back