What are these screw holes for ?????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i fell ya man I'm just above you in MA it sucks here its supposed to be in the teens tonight and we just had a recent snow storm like 2 or 3 days ago that i have to freaking wait to melt to bash again

Yea, the snow trash ruined the weekend. There's not a lot of it left but it's just so damned cold. I mean, sure, they run fine in the cold but I'm tired of shivering! And the ground is still really wet, those three hour cleanups after every single run get old.

Where in Massachusetts are you? I've been looking for tracks in the area, the only one I know of is in Taunton at the Silver City Galleria.

i live in westport MA near fallriver theres a outdoor ofroad track at C&C hobby once spring comes that you can use on thursdays its in dartmouth (sorry for jacking the thread guys)

Markallen: I wouldn't want to sell either, thanks for the inquiry. I have a brand new kit in storage that I have been saving for a rainy day. It will be one of those "This was my first monster truck" kind of things. I think I saw them for sell on RCUniverse.com at one of their vendors.

GilBeQuick: Running in sand is like running any where else, just make sure things are ready for it. I didn't have any problems with additional wear of anything, although I didn't have days in the sand. I have my aircleaner secured very well so no worries there. I also shoe goo my bulkheads to the chasis to help keep dirt out. Another thing to try is balloons around your universals where the dog bone goes into the cup.
I know people say that it can be very abrasive, but I think it is less damaging than jumping your car or truck fifty feet and twenty feet high. I see and hear some people doing things that look real cool, but just about destroy their vehicle every time it is done. I don't mind doing a few jumps at the track, but I won't try to jump a road or a house.

Last edited:
Originally posted by olds97_lss
That is pretty damn cool. I would have never guessed. Anyone make mud flaps?

LOL! Funny you should ask, as a matter of fact they do make mud flaps!

Now before everyone attacks me with "What the He11", they're a little different than some would emagine!

I have to go through some pics. to find them, but I will post them so everyone can see what they look like!

Steve

Originally posted by Krautwagen
Roadrash13, did you just use a flat piece? Or did you try to bend it at all so that it "dumps" the crud out of the wheel? I think I'm going to make a set of these :D

You know I thought about that, but flat seems to work just fine as the wheel spinning apears to through pretty much all the debris out fo the wheel anyway! If it can't stick, it doesn't hang in there long..

I'm having probs. with my camera right at this moment, but as soon as I get it figured out I'll toss some pics. up here!

Steve

Sweet, I've got some spare aluminum laying around, I'll have to make up a set :)

Originally posted by Krautwagen
Sweet, I've got some spare aluminum laying around, I'll have to make up a set :)

They're shaped like a triangle with the top cut off, heres a pic. of what I mean:

Steve

Attachments

• shape of scraper.bmp
    317.3 KB · Views: 73
That is pretty damn cool. I would have never guessed. Anyone make mud flaps?

Heres the pic of those Mud Flaps I was talking about! They are mounted right at the rear A-Arms

Steve

Attachments

• dsc00436 mud flaps.jpg resize.jpg
    dsc00436 mud flaps.jpg resize.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 63
How else would you drive a $2000 toy that exceeds 40mph and can jump excess of 15ft high?

More like excess of 30 feet atleast..

Back