Went Crawling at Oak Point

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Rolex that means a lot coming from you, personaly I would have liked to have gotten some better shots and video, but it is hard to do that and drive at the same time...:\

Thanks I am likeing it to, it is getting there, but there is still a few things that I want to do to it...:D

Your welcome, no problem......it still looks good to me, what could you possibly still have to do to it ?

It's not really that hard to film a rock crawler while you are driving it. That's as long as you have a camera that can take video without having to hold down a button. I have a Canon S5-IS Powershot and it works great for taping my rock crawler. What I do is to look for a place where I can get a good shot and then set up the camera , get it taping, and then make a pass by it with my crawler. So I get a bunch of short videos and then use Windows Movie Maker on my home computer to string them all together, add some music and it's done. Movie Maker is pretty fun once ya get the hang of it.

It's not really that hard to film a rock crawler while you are driving it. That's as long as you have a camera that can take video without having to hold down a button. I have a Canon S5-IS Powershot and it works great for taping my rock crawler. What I do is to look for a place where I can get a good shot and then set up the camera , get it taping, and then make a pass by it with my crawler. So I get a bunch of short videos and then use Windows Movie Maker on my home computer to string them all together, add some music and it's done. Movie Maker is pretty fun once ya get the hang of it.

Thanks for the tips this was my first time trying to get some video with my Panasonic Camera and we were moving all over the rocks, the other problem I have is my camera records in Quicktime format and movie maker did not recognize it.:\

i thought i had posted in here but i had watched the video but not posted owell

awesome video by the way looks like it handles the rocks well

its came a long way keep up the good work and post more pictures (I'm a picture whore)

i thought i had posted in here but i had watched the video but not posted owell

awesome video by the way looks like it handles the rocks well

its came a long way keep up the good work and post more pictures (I'm a picture whore)

I thought it was kinda weird not seeing a commit from you, so thanks for the commit, and as long as I remember my cammera I will take and post more pics fof you and every one else to see, I enjoy seeing pics to...:D

Yeah, good buddy, that's what I used(Movie Maker) when I put together the pix of my LST2 & yeah I know I still need to get some vids of it & some more pix of it as soon as my new wheels/tires get here....hopefully sometime this week. :shrug:

Hey abadk9420, I just watched your vids again and man were they quiet ! :hehe:

Last edited:
I kinda fixed the first video tell me what you think for my first try....

abadk9420, I watched your first one again and you picked a good song. I don't like much rap or hip hop but Kid Rock kicks azz ! The only other pointers I can give you for making videos is insted of holding the camera up at chest height ( where it looks like it was taken from a hellicopter ) try getting the camera as low to the groung as possible . As I was watching your video I saw plenty of places there where I could have gotten some great shots. The lower the camera is the more real looking the crawler appears . Have you watched my " Crawling on ice " video yet ?

Well it workrd for a few days:\, so that sucks:angry:, it was a Kid Rock song, oh well I tried...:(

Yeah, no kidding....it was good while it lasted ! :D You'll just have to go back in and ad another song. ;) Damn youtube and it's copyright infringements !:angry::hehe:

Back