Well my my birthday is coming up.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRAT

Hardcore RCTalk User
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
Been saying this for so long time for a 3D printer. Need help!!

Mine is too
And I be wanting a 3D printer too, but probably won't happen. 3 of my racing buddies has printers so I could always go to those people.
@Greywolf74 and @WickedFog would probably know about printers
i know more about paper printers than 3D model / part printers. Lol

Mine is too
And I be wanting a 3D printer too, but probably won't happen. 3 of my racing buddies has printers so I could always go to those people.
@Greywolf74 and @WickedFog would probably know about printers
i know more about paper printers than 3D model / part printers. Lol
Yea they do some cool stuff. All I know is Cnc Cad plasma for metal. Doing 3D I’ll have to learn. Want to learn

You should watch some YT vids to see what you might like. A lot of the long time 3d printing gurus do reviews of printers. I am partial to Creality simply because there is a large user base. Some people liked Prusa. But anymore there are so many brands with various options. So it means you need to look around to see what appeals to you.

Creality makes some good stuff and I'm also partial to my Anycubic printers also. The Creality Ender 3 v2 was my first printer and after $100 to upgrade to a Micro Swiss hotend, Micro Swiss dual gear extruder, and capricorn bowden tubing its still my go to printer to date unless I need a bigger printing area or something specific. The Ender 3 v2 is also fairly inexpensive.

Yea the Ender-3 V2 Neo someone had with a lot upgrades. I thank both you @WickedFog and @Greywolf74 for advice. I have a good 3D guy I deal with when I request something but I want to learn and do my own.

Which type 3d printer you get also depends on the level of detail and the size of the build area. For relatively large prints (body shells for 1/10 scale cars and trucks, an FDM (filament) printer may be the ticket. If you want extreme resolution for small parts (scale accessories like windshield wipers and scale engine covers), a resin printer is better.

Here are the downsides:

FDM: Temperature resistance- FDM uses melted plastic filament which can become softer at higher temperature.
Resolution- Fine details can be lost.

Resin: The mess- resin prints must be cleaned of excess resin which for most types of resin means isopropyl alcohol. Then the models MUST be cured with UV light.
Size limitations- resin printers tend to get really pricey for large volume print areas.

I use both types of printers. For the Filament, I started with the Creality Ender 3 and have bought an Ender 5+. With the resin, I started with the original Elegoo Mars and then moved up to the Mars Pro and the Saturn.

If you have the money, The Bambu Labs Carbon X1 is a great printer. It's fast and can print in multiple colors/types of filament. The biggest drawback is its price which is $1300.

I would have to say that for getting your feet wet without breaking the bank The Ender 3 would be my recommendation.

One final note: 3d printing does have a learning curve though it's not quite as steep as it was only a few years ago. The printers and slicing software has improved. YouTube videos are a big help. The ones that I regularly watch for tips are 3d Print Nerd, Teaching Tech and for resin Uncle Jessy.

Which type 3d printer you get also depends on the level of detail and the size of the build area. For relatively large prints (body shells for 1/10 scale cars and trucks, an FDM (filament) printer may be the ticket. If you want extreme resolution for small parts (scale accessories like windshield wipers and scale engine covers), a resin printer is better.

Here are the downsides:

FDM: Temperature resistance- FDM uses melted plastic filament which can become softer at higher temperature.
Resolution- Fine details can be lost.

Resin: The mess- resin prints must be cleaned of excess resin which for most types of resin means isopropyl alcohol. Then the models MUST be cured with UV light.
Size limitations- resin printers tend to get really pricey for large volume print areas.

I use both types of printers. For the Filament, I started with the Creality Ender 3 and have bought an Ender 5+. With the resin, I started with the original Elegoo Mars and then moved up to the Mars Pro and the Saturn.

If you have the money, The Bambu Labs Carbon X1 is a great printer. It's fast and can print in multiple colors/types of filament. The biggest drawback is its price which is $1300.

I would have to say that for getting your feet wet without breaking the bank The Ender 3 would be my recommendation.

One final note: 3d printing does have a learning curve though it's not quite as steep as it was only a few years ago. The printers and slicing software has improved. YouTube videos are a big help. The ones that I regularly watch for tips are 3d Print Nerd, Teaching Tech and for resin Uncle Jessy.
Thank you..

if you willin to spend $$$$, bambo labs P1P or X1 will serve you well.
My only problem with higher end printers is a lot fewer people have them. If you're a noob, you're going to have a ton of questions. And having a more mainstream printer will make for a lot more active and available support base.

If you can however find a company where you can get very quick customer service, that's not as big an issue. Like the Peopoly Moai that I bought when they first came out. Mine came with a bad card reader board. The owner of the company messaged me within a couple hours, and after showing him a pic, and explaining the problem, he shipped a new board next day. To go above and beyond he threw in a $70 UV light fixture for curing the parts. I only had to wait one extra day to get my printer running. Sometimes startup companies can be next level when it comes to customer service.

the bambo labs multi color printer is sweet. prints super fast but is up there in price. my school as two of them and it is crazy how fast they print.
the X-1 carbon. it around 1,500 $ though so its very pricey

Mine is coming up also and I will officially be a senior citizen . :(

What age is officially a Senior Citizen?

I just realized something, @TRAT can't have a birthday, don't you have to be born for that? I don't know if being created in a lab counts. :p
Lmao 🤣

Back