weak brakes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grgbulldog

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
well, i saw theres another forum about some brakes on the guys revo, but i know al that stuff is different on mine. my savage, ever since i got it, hasn't braked so well. i've checked the screws. both tight. the screw think on the linkage is also all the way screwed in. The guy i bought it from told me before i bought it that he did a duel brake disc hopup, so it does have 2 discs but they dont seem to work too well. another thing is that sometimes they seem to work "ok" and sometimes not at all, like today when it almost rolled into a creek. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

On my truck I had to put a longer piece of tube on the linkage to take up the extra play which allowed the servo to apply more pressure to the brake. I still have the factory single disc and stock servo, stops on dime and gives .09 change! You can see it this picture, bottom center.

Give it a try or you may need to take it apart and check the pads/discs for glazing.

Last edited:
You can adjust the brake arm...it's the rod that the linkage pushes. Loosen the screw and slide the rod up or down to apply more or less brake, also make sure the disks are not warped. If that doesn't help you might need new pads.

You can also move the discs closer together by adjusting the two screws that hold the brake pads and rotors together. Doing so takes out some of the slack between engagement and 100% braking. After I did this my braking became most consistent and prevented it from dragging when not engaged. Also make sure both screws are tightened down the same amount.

But as mentioned, adjust the brake arm first. You should be able to flip the savage if you do it right, but I have mine backed off a bit to prevent flippage.

I had the exact opposite problem, i would hit the breaks and it would want to do a front flip lol just mess with the linkage. Make sure nothing is binding up

stock brakes suck, dual disc stock conversion brakes suck. The only ones worth having are the crazy nut racing dual disc brakes.

a stock savage might be ok with the dual discs but a heavier modded one will eat through them in no time.

sb.gif

Last edited:
thanks for all the help

i never thought of adjusting the linkage

Back