Waterproofing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont forget about intake. if it can't take air in no go too. I dont think air filters double as water filters. (that means you need two pipes.)

i forgot about the engine. if the water backs up behind the piston, it will stall for sure and maybe break it.

i think boat with the car parts idea has more promise... :x

One thing that everyone seems to be missing...regardless of how well the electronics are "waterproofed", how well you provide for air intake and exhaust, how well you seal the engine and diffs, etc....

As soon as the engine head hits the water and cools down so quickly - the engine will just about die, it'll have almost no power. It will cool off way past the point of being dialed or tuned in properly. There's no way to compensate for this dynamicaly while the engine is running...and out of reach under radio control...much less while under water.

:trout:
I really appreciate the great info. This site is really awesome. My co-workers brought up an interesting point. Would the Savage float or sink with those huge tires? We were in the process of plastic dipping the servos when a collegue brought up the flotation problem. Any more help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Retread316
One thing that everyone seems to be missing...regardless of how well the electronics are "waterproofed", how well you provide for air intake and exhaust, how well you seal the engine and diffs, etc....

All those points were touched on

As far as the wheels No they wont float the will sink then fill up with water and cause an additional problem..

Why dont you get a BOAT like this

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBTC2&P=7

Buils a little platform on the top of it that will let you get good air flow so it will be above the propeller. Then have a little servo on the platform so ti tilt a little dumper box on top to deliver your cargo something like that is a heck of a lot more realistic than what you are talking about ... X

Good luck even trying to tune it. First of all for the reasons Retread mentioned, secondly with an exhaust pipe that long you are going to wreak havoc with the back pressure. If you could pull it off it would be a trip to see though.

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!=devil

Ill send you a tshirt if you do it successfully and show it with video.

I once read in an R/C magazine that I could buy a boat and put it in the water....

NO! can't DO IT! Not in 3 feet! Unless you can figure out some method of getting air too it!

hell moster garage that bastard..get some aluminum cans fill it with the liquid styro foam stuff and mount them to the truck to make it float...take the rear drive shaft and rigg up a propeler to it ..water proof the electrics and put a 1ft snorkel on to keep the water outta the intake. then you tie a little kiddies raft to the back as a trailer, put your food on it, tie it to a rope and pull when ready and you got the Savage Fish Food Delivery Truck

Originally posted by NCNitro
So you want to make a $400 artificial reef at the same time huh?

LMAO! why dont you just walk in a put it where it needs to be LOL!

Originally posted by mjime714
Thats what I'm talking about. "Deadbody, the Jesse James of the RC world"
that is classic

Originally posted by M@xximillion

LMAO! why dont you just walk in a put it where it needs to be LOL!

I can't belive no one else though of that nice one MM a set of plastic wadders are like 40 bucks HA HA ...X

Also if you go Monster R/C garage just put some sand paddle on that bitch and watch the water fly...X

I dont understand what would be so hard about buying a boat and just putting the savage inside of the hull and extending the axles to the outside of the hull?!?!?!? SERIOUSLY! Why does noone see the same vision as me?

i have found my sav dislikes water over the wheel nuts, makes the clutch slip, i have a 3-shoe set up on it at that, and the throttal servo fried a day later due to water getting in it....