warhead temps problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitmaster

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok I'm haveing bit of problems temping this pig.

on min she is running like 260 next she is running like 350+ and this is with the body off. little blue smoke no mater what temp.

i make her so rich that she was at about 180 then 2 mins later she was at 360.
with no ajustments.

i dont think its my temp cuz my revo temps just fine.with it. all the line are good no bubble's in the line she idles well dosent shut off. I'm just not understanding whats up.

sounds like an air leak. check the backplate and carb area, these tend to be the most likly leak spots. you can also check the head bolts to make sure they are tight also.

Timmahh's right on the money; check for any signs of an air leak. They could be as simple as a little fuel residue near a joint, or even small enough to let air in but no oil out.

Duratrax engines are pretty well known for having leaky front bearing seals; check to make sure it's not leaking from there. Also, check the carb retaining bolt, and make sure the carb is locked firmly down.

If it's still acting up, check to make sure that you don't have a torn o-ring in the carb, or holes in the fuel line/tank.

Back