Want real looking Rear Exit Exhaust for your Savage!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

665_Almost_Evil

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Let me know what you think! I have yet to buy but will very soon

Hey all. You want the most real looking Exhaust made for your Savage 21. Then you have to chack this out. They have dual and quad rear exit exhaust. They also have Drag pipes and Ram Air Intake.

to see them go to.. http://tmaxxpowerpipes.tripod.com/tmaxxpowerproductshome/id23.html

Last edited:
Looks like some kid got his hands on some pipe and a gule gun. I would pay at best $.01 Looks cheap to me

Those things really suck!
Just look at the design and tell me they are going to do anything but make people :hehe: at you for buying one.

There is a guy who runs with us that makes custom stuff like that for his maxx, rustler, and 4 tec, and the things jam. He tests different diameters of pipe to make sure the backpressure is right. He does a lot of custom machining of mounts and brackets. I dont know about how the guy above works his products, but the guy I know makes some quality stuff. In person, some of those things look really nice. its sure is a wow factor add on, but if it performs, then it goes form being a wow factor to a DAMN factor.

Can you say vapor lock or how about hydrodynamic failure? Unless that chamber at the low point of the pipe has some kind of relief valve to let unspent exhausted fuel to exit the pipe, you will eventually drown the engine. As that chamber starts to fill up with unspent fuel, you will also see changes in performance that can range from minor to drastic.

My assessment of these pipes kind of matches Eddy's, but...and it is a big, big BUT...if it is properly engineered (not some crackerjack box idea), and can show increases in performance....then this eyecandy might be an interesting addition to your RC.

From what I can see, someone threw together some brass or copper piping and said cool look what I've got. They then marketed it and sold it. What I want to see is something by way of a testimonial from a reputable RC company or publication that not only endorses the dual exhaust but shows that it improves the performance of the engine. Until I see something along those lines, my opinion is like Eddy's

THEY SUCK!

Looks like a piece of poop....Sorry...stick to the Tuned Pipes! Also...I would never pay $60 bucks Plus $5 bucks shipping for metal and chrome...Hell no.I can't see but is there a pressure line connection? If not...make that a Useless Piece of Crap.
[move]-Kellen[/move]

I've seen them on ebay. $20 and crome plated too. reports of naff performance from 1 version to good on another. they all leek the same but there is a manufacturer doing a good version. the one you picked is not it. I dont think. The guy who does the crome plated version is suppost to work.

my opinion. dont bother. stick a long fat bit of pipe on the end of your standard pipe for the same effect. has little effect on performance but does make it quieter.

Back