Vehicle Maintenance

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in my own defence i am pretty fond of the way i take care of my whips. my cars are always clean and i get more then enough complements and second looks when people see my cars. just becouse someone doesn't change there oil or do scheduled maintonance doesn't meen that they lack in charecter or i wonder what there house looks like. i think me and olds have had this discusion before. i think that we have agreed to disagree. I'm not saying that people should do as i do. but what i do works for me with many cars. i dont touch them and they dont break. and yes, my oil is like water and my radiater fluid is some odd color of green. but i still wipe my ass and have never had a cavity. my grass is cut, my hedges are trimmed and I'm the first one to shovel the sidewalk. changing your oil has nothing to do with charictor. and neither dose spelling..lol..

you may be the exception then. I speak from personal experience only. Thats why i said generally speaking. I am the total opposite. Not sure why, maybe its ocd, but i can't stand to have things out of line or messed up. Whether its oil changes, torque settings, overall cleanliness, or aesthetics, it has to be right or i can't relax. Few examples.
We spent over an hour getting a washer into the frame of my jeep when we lifted it and right when we had it perfect, i realized the washer was on backwards. Yes, there is a theoretical backwards on a washer. It depends how it was punched. Doesn't affect function, its just a visual thing. I like the smooth surface on top. I had to pull it out and flip it. It bugged the crap out of me.

I went to my buddies house and he was showing me his new turtle beach wireless headphones for the 360 and i had to pause the game so i could align the transmitter with the 360.

woot for different people

Not only that, but you can be proud of the way that you take care of your vehicles.

X2, if nothing more, you have a little more knowledge to pack away in your brain.

Yeah sure.. I remember a certain t-maxx you sent me a year or so ago . Looked just like that filter .. lol just buggin

haha, that thing probably was dirty. after the evo conversion and then the rpm conversion and STILL the daily breakage, it was either going to you or into the trash can. man i hate the tmaxx. Nothing like spending 2K on a tmaxx and then having it just break like a walmart rc.

you just had to open that wound didn't you. haha

We spent over an hour getting a washer into the frame of my jeep when we lifted it and right when we had it perfect, i realized the washer was on backwards. Yes, there is a theoretical backwards on a washer. It depends how it was punched. Doesn't affect function, its just a visual thing. I like the smooth surface on top. I had to pull it out and flip it. It bugged the crap out of me.

You and I should never work on anything together... we will never finish. It may just consist of changing a tire... but we will make it take 17 hours somehow!

haha, NOOOO, you overtorqued the lugs! pull it off and start over. well shoot, inspect the brakes while you have the tire off. how does that tread look? air pressure? wheel bearing greased?

If I was there, the tire would be too dirty to put back on in that condition, then we would have to pull it to clean it right, and the inside of the wheel would be filty, so we'd have to order a new one, and so one and so fourth lol

i think I'm the worst about this kind of stuff. i hate having a dirty rig, an oilchange due, or anything like that. but my problem is procrastination, i keep saying "ill do it tomorrow. but as we all know, tomorrow never comes because its always today.

It's purely disgusting. It embarrasses the human race when someone doesn't take care of a vehicle like that when it's their own vehicle. It's much worse when someone is getting to drive a vehicle free of charge and they can't even take care of it. What's so bad is that he probably wouldn't even have to pay for the air filter, yet the employees are still too lazy to change it. Because of someone being too lazy, it will probably cost the owner of the company 15 grand to replace the engine eventually. The owner can't just grow the money, so the cost of the products and services that the company makes gets passed on to the consumer. Think about how much of our tax money gets wasted on state vehicles that are poorly maintained, and how much the cost is effected by companies constantly having to replace equipment because it hasn't been maintained. With a family that owns a rather large construction equpment, we see stuff like this all of the time, and often have to fire employees because we can't keep up with the equpiment that they destroy.

figures from a car nut.......

lmao, sounds just like it came from a car nut and the operations manager of a large construction company doesn't it?

Back