Upgrading RC10 T4 to brushless

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielsky

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm looking to upgrade the motor in my old t4. I've been reading into brushless setups. I would like to go brushless and LiPo. Has anyone done this? I'm thinking the new XP SC500/Reedy 3300kv combo? any advice is appreciated

Maybe a duratrax 1/10 Element 3900kV Brushless System with 2S or 3S Lipo (7.4V-11.1V), maybe? ...just an idea!

I went with a Castle SV3 system with a 3300 and must say I'm very please with the performance of my 4.2 Plenty of wheel speed but the castlelink tuning allows you to adjust throttle profiles so you can floor it but not spin the tires too easily. Great setup for a decent price (If I remember right I think it set me back about $150ish). I also converted a Slash brushed over to the AE SCB setup and would say that top speed is meh but the overall performance of the system makes it a very drivable and predictable vehicle (I think it is the SC500 system you spoke of)

Phins Fan, thanks for the input. have you had any issues with the castle system overheating, I've heard that if they run without a good heatsink they dont last long?

I've run 10-15 2S packs thru it and haven't gotten any issues yet. I also haven't put any additional fans or heatsinks on the unit. Has performed flawlessly to this point. My first REAL Castle product and so far very happy!!

I've run 10-15 2S packs thru it and haven't gotten any issues yet. I also haven't put any additional fans or heatsinks on the unit. Has performed flawlessly to this point. My first REAL Castle product and so far very happy!!
what size 2s packs do you use, and how much run time do they give you?

Back