Ultimate Basher!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JATO

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I need some help guys i want to make my stock t-maxx built like a tank it was aluminum rear bulk head. I want new engine more ground clearance and able to go head to head with a savage in durablity

if you want to keep up with a savage....sell the maxx and buy a savage. I garentee that you will spend much more on the maxx then you would to just buy a savage.

If you wanna build a tank get the cyber-maxx conversion. Mine ways like 100 pounds i swear . I put a XTM .247 in it and a 22 tooth clutch bell...fast enough for me.It beats my buddies Savage but I think he has some "issues".

Trust me from experience, there will always be a weak point somewhere in the maxx. Savages hold up better for bashing.

you can try but your just going to end up with a tmaxx with almost 1200 bucks into it and still breaking ( I've seen it many times). if you reall want the ultimate basher its 2 sections down.

these guys are right on the money ,maybe its not what you want to hear but its the truth
you will have to add upgraded suspension all metal geared tranny,upgraded diffs,basically rebuild the complete truck from the ground up
but buying a savage right off the bat you will be ahead 10 fold

i love my maxx way more then my savage. os .30 makes it a very fast and stronge truck!!!

If ya want a truck to be as hardcore a basher as the Savage......

Start out with a Savage and improve on it....

My t-maxx makes a good basher..I know there will always be something better but Mine handles every bash session like a champ. Although I was snapping driveshafts like twigs but thats over with now.

Maybe a Savage is next on my list....and a HPI Baja 5B

Or get a revo... after a few choice upgrades, it's definitly bash worthy. I know mine is.

Aluminum shock ends
RPM arms
RPM carriers
FOC
Single Steering

With this setup, it can take one heck of a beating.

i have 2K in my maxx right now and i'll put it up against a savage but thats too much $$$$ IMO to get it to that point.

If i could start over i would get a savage X and call it a day.

Don't buy a savage. In my opinion the savages are too heavy.
Go with a revo and get RPM arms, RPM carriers, and aluminum shock ends.

T-maxximim said:
i love my maxx way more then my savage. os .30 makes it a very fast and stronge truck!!!

I like my maxxes too, but take a look at how much money you had to put into that truck to make it like that. I know I had to put alot into mine to make it halfway tough.

I agree with the others, Either a savage or a revo. Savage IMO is tougher out of the box than the revo, but on the other hand, the revo can race right out of the box. It really depends on what you plan to do with your rig.

LS1 said:
Don't buy a savage. In my opinion the savages are too heavy.
Go with a revo and get RPM arms, RPM carriers, and aluminum shock ends.

Comin' off a little strong there man.

tmaxx ran up a big wall.
tmaxx had a very big fall.
all jatos money and all the brains in his head couldnt put the tmaxx back together again.:doc:

as stated not worth it bro.

i agree with you now.

My maxx tranny went kaput for the third time and now i am rebuilding it and parting it all out.

Savage is the way to go for a basher, hands down

i have a savage and a tmaxx used at the same time with each other for over 1 year on the same track taking the same bashing savage broke twice front and rear knuckes cost 5.00 each time to fix
tmaxx broke about 10 times cost to fix way way way more than 100.00