uh-oh

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grgbulldog

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
well yesterday i was at my uncles house and they have a field in the back. i was running my savage while my cousins rode their dirtbikes while making sure no to get to close and destroy it.the field wasn't all that big and i could outrun the 50cc, keep up with the 90, and still keep up with the 125 only because they couldnt excellerate as well. anyway, i hit a small stick about an inch and a half in diameter and went flipping through the air. after this, i went and shut it off then noticed that the spring holding the exhaust on had broked, i got it to where it would stay on. i really wanted to use the neighbors bike ramp and do some jumping. it took almost 30 minutes to get it started again... any clues on this? after a few jumps, i was landing bretty well etc., and one time i landed on the rear bumber. the truck all of the sudden seemed to have no power so i grabbed it and the rear end fell off... i used threadlock and the rear end still came off. anyway, i think I'm gonna order a screw kit i need a new dogbone to give the rear power again, it got lost. any clues on why the screws would have come out?

jeez,

use blue threadlock and let it cure overnight before you start running again.

Are you sure you didn't break something? I would like to think you would notice that something was wrong before the rear end just fell off.....Quite a bit of screws would have to fall out for that to happen

dunno put it in the car without looking at it and left

what spring broke? the one that goes around the engine block holding the header on, or the pipe clamp holding the end of the pipe to the TVP?? If it was the spring that goes around the block, there a good chance that you are not getting the require back pressure to keep the engine running.

As for the rear end falling off...thats got me stumped. sounds like u had to have broken the rear bulkhead/diff case.

well, yes its the spring around the block. actually, it didnts break, i just thought it was the ring on the header that the spring goes through that broke, but i looked, and it lookes like it did where theres a liddle indentation thing. as for the whole rear end, it has to just have been thescrews, i dont see and damage.

Are you sure you didn't break something? I would like to think you would notice that something was wrong before the rear end just fell off.....Quite a bit of screws would have to fall out for that to happen

4 screws.

2 that hold the skid plate crossbrace to the TVP and the 2 that connect the tvp to the bulkhead

4 screws.

2 that hold the skid plate crossbrace to the TVP and the 2 that connect the tvp to the bulkhead

Exactly!!!! Whats the odds on all of them falling out at the same time?

So GRG, did the screws actually fall out and you don't have them or were they yanked out? I'm thinking that when you landed on the tail, like you said, the force may have yanked them out. It's a long shot, granted, but if they were indeed yanked out, you need to make sure the threads are in good shape before you put new screws in.

If they did just fall out, you need to make sure you use the blue loctite (I like the loctite stick from Team Fasteddy myself) and make sure you let it set-up before running it again.

I'm like SMaxxin, odds of all four screws just falling out at the same time are low. Before you run it, I'd suggest going around all the screws and make sure they're all good and tight.

You8 might of had a hardtime starting it because the spring might of caused an airleak.

Exactly!!!! Whats the odds on all of them falling out at the same time?

depends. how tight he puts his screws, whether or not the loctite had cured, maybe one or two were already missing, maybe he used the wrong screws (shorter).

i agree with you that its odd for all 4 properly installed screws to come out in the same run but if anything mentioned above was going on, it greatly increases the chances.

well, there was one screw already missing. the other three were there though. i think that maybe they got yanked from the cross brace but came out of the bulkhead. I'm just gonna order a screw kit from fasteddy i guess.

i need the dogbone that goes from the tranny to the rear differentials...where can i find it? i looked on tower but dont know what to search

how about maybe tower or something? theres a couple other parts i need to order too and i'd like to save on shipping

is there supposed to be a grinding noise when you tap the brakes and just push it forward?

i dont want to completely destroyt something if there isnt, please help

It depends on where the grinding noise is coming from. Can you specify where you are hearing it?