tyres anygood?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supercharged

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i'm looking at the hpi supermudders for my sav and am wondering what people think and if anyone runs them how good are they

Hi,

For off road tires, no doubt, pro-line is reliable. You can get the 17mm hex conversion for your savage and use HPI Hellfire wheels with Pro-line Maxx size tires.

But if you are loyal in using HPI ones, they are not bad though.

Thx

Joaquim

went with a set of dirt bonz s compound instead after trying mega maxx's bow-ties crazy wheelies

supercharged said:
went with a set of dirt bonz s compound instead after trying mega maxx's bow-ties crazy wheelies

be prepared to change them often then if they are dirt bonz. should of just got some bow ties like i said:)

MEGA MAXX said:
be prepared to change them often then if they are dirt bonz. should of just got some bow ties like i said:)

why? are they really soft?

yes they are a soft compound, this might just mean the foams you get with them (if you get any) will be soft.

you could just put super firm foams in them, thats whats in those bowties you tried, and they have lasted ages.

finished gluing them a couple of hours ago the rubber seems really soft but they look like they should hold up for a while
they are really light so should get a bit better acceleration

tested them today on some wet grass got some wheelies but they seem to have unpredictable traction from pulloff
sometimes i'd nail it the front goes up and nearly flips even with the wheelie bar other times the wheels would just spin and it'd rev like theres nearly no load on it
i'm gonna check the slipper see it thats loose

supercharged said:
tested them today on some wet grass got some wheelies but they seem to have unpredictable traction from pulloff
sometimes i'd nail it the front goes up and nearly flips even with the wheelie bar other times the wheels would just spin and it'd rev like theres nearly no load on it
i'm gonna check the slipper see it thats loose

oh dang, so not as good as my bowties on yours then:thefinger

done foc on my revo now, so i had to lessen the shock oil thickness as it was wheelieing too much:wtf:

they have huge sidewalls on the dirt bonz tho dont they?

With Dirt Bonz DO NOT ride on the road or any pavment they will waer out so fast.I have them on my HPI MT2 and i riped it arounf the parking lot for a few tnks and there went my good dirt tires.It is a really soft compouind that there made out of but they have great traction in the dirt.