Twin Vertical Plates

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A hair late, but yes; the TVP's should fit. My Savage.25 is a hybrid of the X and old-style savages. The only difference is that the trans/motor plate sits lower down (requiring a notched out cross brace to clear the center dogbone in the rear).

I'm with the others; must be a rare computer error. Perhaps they need to have IT come out and kick it a couple times before machining your replacements....

It's too late tonight, but I'll post some pics tomorrow so you can see how far off it is. At this point, I don't know whose fault it is, the seller or the FLM machinist, since he hasn't returned my call.

You ought to try calling the machinist again... Use that permit of yours!

LMAO!!! I never thought of using my permit off-site.
Starting Monday morning, I'll start to annoy.

Poor communication with a customer is the worst thing a site can do. The seller actually answered the phone at 9PM, and the owner of FLM has had over 2 days to reply.
And here it sits, a pile of parts. I can't stand leaving things like that. I don't start till I know I have the time to finish in one sitting.

I just checked my Email, and had a reply from Addicted2RC:

I promise its the right part number but I guess the reality is they could have put the wrong one in there but unfortunately the bad news is flm has to verify that now if they don't call you monday I will call them for you

Last edited:
Well, the bright side is.. at least you have the retailer going to bat for you. That's always good. I just don't understand why they havn't simply had you send it back to them yet. I mean, if it doesn't work it doesn't work. It may not be their fault but it's still their responsibility to fix it. At least IMO.

Yeah Lessen I'm with you, but I guess maybe they're thinking that FLM will say to send it right to them, and then they don't have to bother with it. However, if it was my business I would have had to had them send em back to me and I would have offered to send another set to see if it had the same problem, even if it cost me $100 at a loss, it's worth it to have that customer service reputation.

According to the seller, FLM has to 'approve' the problem, or Add2RC takes the loss for something they are not responsible for.

I sent him a 'Thank you' Email last night for going to bat for me, and got this reply.

No worries. That's what we're here for

Addicted2RC has made it high on my best sellers list right now.

Last edited:
Here are the pics.........

TVP1.jpg

TVP2.jpg

TVP3.jpg

These would actually RAISE the CG. You can see how far off the bottom is also. I have a center skid plate with a 1/4 gap.

Yeah Rolex, thems the old style TVP's. Redo that picture with the tag from the package for the FLM TVPs in the shot, and send that to FLM. That should effectively pull the thumb out.

FLM still hasn't replied. I spoke to the office, and she gave me the shop number. According to Addicted2RC, they are the only 2 that run the show. Very poor customer support, and I'll now think twice before I order any alloy parts. I can usually get about the same thing elsewhere.

I sent an Email to Addicted, along with the pics above, and I know I'll hear from him shortly.

It just stinks that you have to go through this kind of crap. With all the companies out there chomping at the bit to make $, you'd think customer service would be a bit higher on the chain of things to do.

At our company, customer service is #1 and if you don't think that way, you get canned. Regardless what position your in at the company. Whether your a software engineer, receptionist at the front desk or a warehouse guy. Doing your job 100% all the time is what the necessity needs to be to keep clients.

Although... we have been hiring some young'ns... they seem to think a bit different.

Unbelievable. Last week I also dropped over a hundred on an extra airbrush, and today I also had to send THEM an Email. PayPal collected from my account, and the company never collected from them or even acknowledged that they had received my order.
I hate to say this, but in the future I think the best thing to do is buy through Ebay so I can leave a trash feedback.

Both those items are holding up major projects.

It just stinks that you have to go through this kind of crap. With all the companies out there chomping at the bit to make $, you'd think customer service would be a bit higher on the chain of things to do.

At our company, customer service is #1 and if you don't think that way, you get canned. Regardless what position your in at the company. Whether your a software engineer, receptionist at the front desk or a warehouse guy. Doing your job 100% all the time is what the necessity needs to be to keep clients.

Although... we have been hiring some young'ns... they seem to think a bit different.

Yeap and that's exactly how it should be. I know I'm young, but I'm going to say it anyway. So many young people today grow up without learning the importance of treating people right and offering good customer service. A lot of people don't understand why I dont buy integy. I don't care if they have a cheap product, I'm not going to spend my money on a company that doesn't care enough to have a human answer the phone when someone has a problem with their products. The whole idea of a ticket system shows me that they don't care to have me as a customer. I come from a family of business people, and they were successful because of the relationships they had with their customers. Young people today aren't going to make it far with this new school atitude of "every man for himself, what's customer service."

I never thought that I would say it wither, but I spend about 3 grand a month on ebay, some of it on my hobby and some on business stuff for the business that I run on the side to support the hobby lol. I've yet to have a bad deal with someone on ebay (knock on wood). Things are not good when you can get such better service from strangers online but you can't call a company and order something and then get service to go with it.

Last edited:
Well, at least my airbrush is here, and it's beautiful.

Now it seems that I have a major problem with the TVPs. Fast Lane Machine has NOT responded to my messages, so I chose to go through the seller, rather than the supplier. No response from him either. I've left 2 voice messages and 2 Emails in the past 5 days, and no response.
I've told him I want to trade the TVPs that don't fit for the extended, lowered CG plates, plus the flat center skid plate that fits it, and pay the difference. No reply.

I'll be getting in touch with him ONE more time, and mentioning that I'll have to file a dispute through Paypal if he continues to ignore my problem.

At this point, I just want to keep you updated on Fast Lane Machine and Addicted2RC. They have both dropped to the bottom of the heap in my opinion, through their TOTAL disregard for maintaining good customer relations.
Both of these internet sites have now made it into the same category as Integy, and that's not good.

Last edited:
Ouch, that sucks. This is the most problems someone has had I have ever seen.

dude i feel sorry for ya. i just hate it when a company screws up.

Back