Tuned Pipe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarant

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok I have ran my stock silver pipe into the ground it is dented and holed and has out lived its usefulness. So I was wondering what would be a good pipe to run i want to use the stock header/manifold and I dont want to drop a huge amount of $ say $35ish. I am not racing an am running a OS CV-R.15 and I have a CVEC Pipe but it is just to loud so the pipe should be some what quiet.

Thanks for any help.

I actually have that same pipe on my RC10GT, running- You guessed it, an OS .12

The note is still a litlle too high pitched for my liking, but it seems to provide good back preasure to the fuel cell. Beware tho, I don't know much about tuned pipes and all the ones I have seen have two ports. One for the stinger and one for the feedback to the tank. The third hole on this pipe IMO serves no purpose and leaks profusely. I don't know what it is there for so you might want to get some more info before you go for this one. on my RC10GT the guy who sold it to me had placed some kind of bolt over the whole...I am almost sure if you locktited it or something it would stop the leaks and get better preasure, but I can't back the bolt out now so I have no idea what to tell you from there.

I believe it is a mounting hole in the one closest to the stinger. I personally like THS Racing exhaust. It has a nice note, and is pretty durable...

That pipe is actually tuned for On-Road applications where you want more high end speed. You want to get an Off-Road pipe thats tuned for more low end power. Typically, an Off-Road pipe will have more taper from the small end to the wide part. An On-Road pipe will have less taper or none at all.

I use that pipe on 2 of my On-Road cars and they work pretty well.

Can't you set the cvec pipe's sound/performance?