TRX .15 Pro Break In...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[X1X]-=+XoX1de+=-

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello everyone, I'm a n00b on R/C Nitro car, I just bought a Traxxas Nitro sport SE. I have a bottle 15% PowerMaster Fuel with 18% syntetic oil , and 3.75L of 10% Cool power green fuel in my garage. Those fuel could be pretty old, but still working on other cars. The question is can I break in the engine with the 15% then the play the rest with the 10% fuel? Should I lean the engine after break in? Ill put a 60MM CPU fan and some headsink on the engine to let it cool.

1st ya have one of the weirdest nics I've ever seen. What are people suppose to call ya? (Just curious) As far as the fuel, I would recommend getting some 20% fuel and do your break in with that. Breaking in a engine is a crucial step to the longevity to your engine, so you want to be sure to do it step by step very precisely. Id suggest using the tips section on the top left of this page and follow the break in instructions from there. Or else just go step by step with the manual. (If ya dont have that, go to www.rcdocuments.com) Welcome to the boards btw!

Get some new, fresh 20% fuel.

Try Trinity fuel.

Do a search on here for break in, most common is the heat cycle method.

The guy at the hobby shop says Traxxas warranties their engines with an engine replacement program where you get a new one at half price, but you have to run it on Traxxas fuel. Are they even going to be able to tell what fuel is used?

I think there's some way to tell by fuel or oil??

rule of thumb...you can increase nitro content you use easier than decreasing it.....start at 15 and use 15 or 20%....you can drop content but it's hit or miss as to whether the engine likes it....second that traxxas warranty is a friggin joke...for only 105 dollars they'll take your old mill and send you a new one.....my LHS sells those 2.5 mills for 110.....I dunno but that engine replacement doesn't sound like much to me....keep the old mill and buy a new one and you have spare parts or you can practice modding the old one.....

Throw away the old mill, save your pennies and get a much better, mor worthy engine.