truggies?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Racing or bashing just like any other RC truck.

grgbulldog said:
what are truggies used for?

Truggies are a combination of a 1/8 scale buggy and a Monster Truck... hence the name Truggy.

Now a truggy is primarialy used for racing because they are low slung, wide and very nimble. Because they are low to the ground, they are more suited for the track then just bashing... although you could certainly bash it. It is really more of an 1/8 scale buggy with big wheels then it is an actual truck. I hope this helps.

Tom

I have a mammoth which is a faux truggy and I agree with the others. It should be on a track, be it a bmx or actual RC track. For general off road, park bashing, gravel pit bashing, it isn't that great. It sits too low and hangs up on everything. Also, rocks tend to jam between the flywheel and chassis, but that's true with any pan chassis.

My savage and revo do a better job of getting around the rough terrain I have.

If you ever get to drive a truggy on track or watch the Arena Truck class you'll get hooked! Search youtube for some clips from various RC ProSeries races. I know you'll find some by searching Matt Gosch, Aaron Pucci and Sonny O

Back