Traxxas Summit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the boards!

Traxxas Summit = FUN truck

The Summit really is about as versatile a RTR truck that you will find. It's not screaming eagle fast, it's not a "great" crawler and it doesn't handle like it's on rails. However, it IS an all around fun truck. Be sure to invest in a couple quality battery packs and you'll have a lot of fun with the Summit. I have one and it's everything I expected it to be. It's quick, plush and has the ability to go places an E-Maxx can't. I think it's a great vehicle.

Ditto that. It's amazing how Traxxas took the Revo style suspension and made it so plush and flexible. It's one of thebest all around electric trucks I have ever seen, plus it's very unique in that it has the locking diffs and two speed trans.

get the new e maxx brushless just came out a week ago it can do 65 out of the box
get a hpi flux it is more reliable just waterproof it.i have a post up here on how to do it.my summit went thru 2 esc and the diffs break all the time my flux has no problems at all

DUDE......He already bought the Summit;)!! RELAX

I am dead set on getting a Summit. I have 400 bucks saved up now and was getting close but now traxxas went and upgraded the radio system to the 2.4 so the price went up even more. Guess I'll be saving a little longer.

I am dead set on getting a Summit. I have 400 bucks saved up now and was getting close but now traxxas went and upgraded the radio system to the 2.4 so the price went up even more. Guess I'll be saving a little longer.

And they are throwing in the two battery packs, too. Mine came with none.

I know it's worth it but it just sucks that now I have to save up about 100 bucks more. Oh well.

Well I finally placed the order for my Summit today. It is going to be the new one that comes with the 2.4 radio system in it. Can't wait for it to come in.

Congrats! I'm painting my first replacement body for mine. I got bored with the solid color body! I'll probably run this one without the exoskeleton, too.

Yeah, I'll probably just get some other body for mine at some point too.

I finally got MY Summit yesterday! Woo-Hoo!
My son was just as excited to get it out of the box as I was!
IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

My first impression is that Traxxas really knows how to make a great product. It's been quite a long time since I bought a new Traxxas truck and wow, they have come a long way. The owners manuel is in color, there were lots of neat little tools included and two 7 cell batteries! It looks to be as tough as nails and I can't wait to get it outside!

I've taken it out and ran it a few times now ans it is really a lot of fun. I ran it at the creek yesterday and got it pretty wet. I did notice that after it got wet it seemed to have a difficult time going into reverse though. When I would try to back it up I would have to bring it to a stop and then have to push the trigger a few times to actually get it to back up.
After I got it home and let it sit for a while and regharged the batteries it seemed to be okay again. Has anybody else had this happen to them with this truck?

Great pics durwank. The esc has a built-in safety feature that requires 2 pushes on the trigger to activate reverse. This is to avoid accidentally going into reverse when you are just slowing down/braking. If it keeps giving you trouble, a quick reprogramming of the esc should do the trick. It's easy and fast to do. Your manual will explain it.

I've been playing with it for a few days now and it is an amazing truck. Everything on it is SO overly engineered. The drive shafts are the biggest darn things I've ever seen on an r/c car.
About the only thing I don't really like are the tires. The tread pattern is pretty good but why they didn't make the lugs a little deeper I have no clue. They seem to work pretty good but I want something meatier! I have an exter set of tires and wheels for my LST and they are about the same size so I'm thinking about putting them on it for a while.
I know that RC4WD has some pretty cool tires that they just came out with. Rock locks? I saw them on a SUMMIT that had been tricked out in a magazine a while back. Has anybody seen it?

I ran it in a creek yesterday and when I got done I was running it on a parking lot when I noticed that the tires had filled up with water and were very out of balance. When home I took all of them off and squeezed a ton of water out of them. I made a series of little cuts right down the middle of them so that water can find it's way back out when on dry land. Even after squeezing a lot of water out I still got a lot more to come out after I put then back on the truck and held it off the ground and spun the tires as fast as it goes. I had water slung all over my basement!

Here's a few pictures of my new Summit in action down at the creek.
IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

Back