Traxxas Summit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally am not a crawler I prefer speed. Now for someone looking to get into the hobby and inst sure what he wants I would recommend it . Either he will decide he wants to go fast and fly high or he wants to keep it low and slow. They will realize that either way they need to move onto rig meant for that purpose. You also have lots of people that just wanna do a little of each and not get to deeply involved with either. So I will probably look at one some time in the future.

I agree Grudge.

I am looking long and hard at this for my son. He has always wanted a monster truck and likes to crawl with my Losi mini as well. This would be perfect for him.

I agree its good for the guy who likes to do both and doesn't want to buy 2 rigs. BUT I dont think it will make a great crawler and who knows about the bashing part. I guess we will just have to wait and see :)

I agree Grudge.

I am looking long and hard at this for my son. He has always wanted a monster truck and likes to crawl with my Losi mini as well. This would be perfect for him.

until he hits the low speed switch while racing. :)

It probably has that optidrive crap or somthing like that to stop that from happening.

looks like it just holds pressure on it to shift until the gears line up.
summit003.gif

that pushrod geometry looks wack IMO
summit013.jpg

I just think they are cheaping out. Traxxas loves to copy their own vehicles. I didn't expect a competition level crawler but I figured something in the realm of a 1/10 scale WK ya know? At least something that could be relatively easily modified for crawling. I like the idea of the diffs though. That's a realy cool feature. I agree with Joe though, the body looks AWESOME. I guess my only real gripe is that it has an independent suspension... :shrug:

that pushrod geometry looks wack IMO

Who cares about how a suspension looks, as long as it performs is what matters. Judging by the video, the Summit looks very promising.

looks like it just holds pressure on it to shift until the gears line up.

I agree I don't think there is a reverse so if all its doing shifting from High to low or even vice verse I don't see where there is gonna be any big issues. I don't recommend it, it could be bad to keep doing it but its not gonna be like the forward to reverse wot tranny destruction.

Gotta admit, it looks like it handles a lot better that the Slayer. One platform--three trucks. Traxxas is doing some pretty cool engineering.

just jb weld those push rods in place and you have a straight axle :wtf:

Its an electric rig, I'm 99% sure it has reverse. And it really didnt seem like it had that great control at high speeds, in loose dirt it was picking up a wheel while doing high speed turns.

Its an electric rig, I'm 99% sure it has reverse. And it really didnt seem like it had that great control at high speeds, in loose dirt it was picking up a wheel while doing high speed turns.

Granted, but at least it wasn't rolling over on every turn like my buddie's Slayer does. Of course, they would have left all those roll-overs on the cutting room floor...

And it really didnt seem like it had that great control at high speeds, in loose dirt it was picking up a wheel while doing high speed turns.

I think it's a bit premature to judge it's high speed handling based upon a promo vid. And to be honest I don't think I've ever had an off road rig (nitro or electric) that didn't pick up a wheel during a HIGH speed turn, especially while on power.

I think it's a bit premature to judge it's high speed handling based upon a promo vid. And to be honest I don't think I've ever had an off road rig (nitro or electric) that didn't pick up a wheel during a HIGH speed turn, especially while on power.

the e-savage doesn't.......it just leeeeeaaaaaans

Back