Traxxas ESC reversed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zerksies

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a latrax Teton that I am putting back to stock for my son. He has a spectrum dx5 with a sr315 receiver. I put the stock ESC and motor back in. But it seems to go faster in reverse. How do I factory reset the ESC? Calibrating isn’t working I can’t get it to blink past one to switch to reverse

Try reversing the throttle channel in your dx5.

I've had the same issue on similar platforms but I can't recall what I did to fix it. Seems it was a matter of switching motor direction in the esc settings. Haven't had enough coffee yet. I'll get back to you in a cup or 2.

The stock Traxxas Latrax Esc and motor are brushed and both are color coded red/black.
I think the fix is in a transmitter setting.
Worst case scenario the red/black motor wires could be reversed or swapped.

(The esc does have a training mode)

in training mode rev will never be faster than forward.I think wires got switched in reinstallation on esc and motor.. Thats the only thing that makes sense in a brushed system
post a picture of motor and endbell with wires attached

Can't you reverse motor direction in esc?

Reverse motor wires. Then you will have to flip the switch on transmitter to reverse the trigger.

Last edited:
Can't you reverse motor direction in esc?
Traxxas ESCs aren't programable like that. That's 1 reason why I don't like traxxas electronics. They only have 3 throttle profiles to choose from and no actual settings like motor direction, lvc voltage, punch. All of that is preset and can't be adjusted :(

You could flip the wires around to flip the direction though. But only on sensorless setups (for brushless) and brushed.

I wasn't sure cause I usually just remove them and install castle/hobbywing stuff.

in training mode rev will never be faster than forward.I think wires got switched in reinstallation on esc and motor.. Thats the only thing that makes sense in a brushed system
post a picture of motor and endbell with wires attached
True. But the Tx/Rx tells the Esc which way is forward and which way is reverse.

Yea the hobby wing esc is nice. Pretty sure it comes with a old Tamiya plug which I would snip off and solder on a Traxxas plug. Been thinking about getting one for my Mini B

Yea the hobby wing esc is nice. Pretty sure it comes with a old Tamiya plug which I would snip off and solder on a Traxxas plug. Been thinking about getting one for my Mini B
I've never seen anyone put a Traxxas connector on something. That's the first thing I do with a new Traxxas, snip snip.

I've never seen anyone put a Traxxas connector on something. That's the first thing I do with a new Traxxas, snip snip.
True. I only said that if OP uses traxxas batteries. But if not, I would prefer Deans, XT30s or EC2s.

I like overkill so the smallest connectors I use are deans or xt60's. I've just never been a fan of anything electrical from traxxas, especially their connectors.

Back