Transponders on WLtoy 1/28

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsherburne1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I recently acquired a trackmate timing system with 6 transponders. The ends on the transponders are just cut off as in this photo. What is the best way to use them with the WLtoy 1/28 mini rc cars?
1.jpg
Thanks for your help in advance.

The best way to power the transponder is an extra channel in the receiver on the car. I think the receiver plugs are futaba connectors. I'm not sure.

id find what the transponders max and minimum voltage are. and if it all else i would add a battery to power it. if rc has a empty channel id use that after adding a rx plug. you can always add a Y harness to use a used channel but have the voltage you need to power it. many ways

Yeah, either a spare servo port on your rx or possibly piggybacking off the esc (so it gets battery voltage if it supports whatever voltage you use). A separate battery wouldn't fit, I'm guessing.

I'd first make sure it'll work on whatever track you plan to use it on. Transponders aren't universal. Depends on the system the track uses.

Back