tires,tires & tires????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike 8 nitro

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just started racing at my local track. we were running during the day time, Now that's getting hot we will be running at night. My question is what kinda tires are u guys running?? Someone told me to run softer tires at night. I've got some P.L. crime fighter xtr & m2's. I forgot to give u info- buggy racing off road. What do u other racers like to run??.:buggy1:

crime fighters are pretty good....talk to Hirez if you need tires...

From what I hear small pinned tires are used for racing. I hear they are easier to controll in slides while keeping the car nailed in gas because the grasp and slide att he same time. I personally like a little more material to my tires because I'm a basher, I like for my tires to grab a huge chuck of land and send it out the rear end propelling kinda action, lol. Anyway, I'm not a racer and havent even seen a 1/8th scale race so I'd ask more people around your local track.

i've not heard of changing tires cuz it's dark outside. usually, tire selection has everything to do with getting traction for the surface you are running on.. PL crime fighters and cell blocks are great for "blue groove" or a packed, clay type surface. larger knobs, such as the PL knuckles or Panther Komodo Dragons or step pins are better for loamy or looser dirt. You'll also find that tire selection for off-road racers change by region. i.e. nebraska has different dirt than texas. I'm in central Texas, the tracks I run on are moderately packed with some loose stuff on the top layers. I primarily run Panther Komodo dragon 2's and panther chameleon (chopped to pattern). rubber compounds and track heat are more a factor for onroad, so literally, there is a night and day difference. but I couldn't say that for dirt. cept maybe summer vs. winter.

wiita

Let me ask you guys something. If you build a custom tire that meets race size specs, are they legal?

I run Mug shots. I love them. The crime fighter are great, but if you spin them they are toast. I know that many guys only get one main out of them.( kinda costly) The track I run on is hard packed with loose stuff on the top, so we get alot of wheel spin.

Darin Gray

I have just converted to Panther tires for my 1/8 buggy. I absolutely love them. I'm running the original Komodo in the rear and the Komodo IIs up front.

Check them out at: www.panther-rc.com

i run the komdo 1's on my buggy in the loamy.. got great forward bite.. if the track get packed.. i run chameleons.. i dotn like the crimefighters.. wear out to quick..

Thanks for the input guys:thumbup:

Back