tires and rims

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorcycleman1

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i bought some rims for my revo and or my tmaxx they are 83 x 56 . turns out they dont fit my tires ... to small : i can't find any tires that have that size . i could use some help :angry:

you want stock or you looking for a upgrade? You like to drive on road or off road or like a mix? I use proline tires , there is a new line of duratrax basher tires that hit the market you might want to check them out. Imo proline is my go to company for new tires when i upgrade rtr tires .

Whatever brand of tire you decide, be sure it's a 3.2 series tire, not a 3.8.
Better yet, save the tires you have and upgrade to 3.8 rims.
Tire selection for 3.2 rims is getting hard to find.

Last edited:
Whatever brand of tire you decide, be sure it's a 3.2 series tire, not a 3.8.
Better yet, save the tires you have and upgrade to 3.8 rims.
Tire selection for 3.2 rims is getting hard to find.

i called proline 20 min ago to ask about my 1079 bow tie tires. I have all ways gone with proline tires.

i called proline 20 min ago to ask about my 1079 bow tie tires. I have all ways gone with proline tires.

The 1079 Bow Ties fit the 3.2 sized rims.

To the OP, the 83mm rims are the old standard Maxx 3.2.
What tires do you have?

What options are there available for us 3.2" guys? I like the look of 3.2's on my truggy. However they are very hard to find atleast for bow ties. Id really like a set of the pin dawgs.

What options are there available for us 3.2" guys? I like the look of 3.2's on my truggy. However they are very hard to find atleast for bow ties. Id really like a set of the pin dawgs.

Check my thread i was shown a few, looks like a pair with foam is like 25-30.00. Ebay is the best option looks like 3.8 is getting all the new stuff. I think most of these companies follow the trend of what Traxxas does with there rtr.

---------- Post added at 2:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:15 PM ----------

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108243

If you're having trouble locating Bow Ties, the Traxxas Sporttraxx tires (3970R) can occasionally be found on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Maxx-2-5-...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27df0dea04

Looks like Amazon also has a couple sets:
http://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-3970R...&qid=1392930897&sr=8-1&keywords=traxxas+3970r

Last edited:
If you're having trouble locating Bow Ties, the Traxxas Sporttraxx tires (3970R) can occasionally be found on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Maxx-2-5-...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27df0dea04

I might pick those up , i want a nice new set for my self . I am all so looking at hpi 3.2 tire that they use on there monster truck. I forgot the name of the truck but its like 46.00 for a set but if i can get to 50.00 i got 10.00 off my order and i think for 50.00 shipped that is not bad. Ya know they will charge shipping but if i can get the hpi tires and maybe a glow plug or maybe a spare fuel filter etc that's not bad imo.
I found the link for the tires i am looking at to buy...
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCJCX&P=6

Last edited:
Keep the opions coming guys!!!

Loving the info. So Sportmaxx tires run the 3.2" rim hugh? Didnt know that.

Love the HPI Tires but they dont come with foams.... Anyone have a preferred foam for those? I just want some bashing tires so I am not wearing out my bow ties.

So Sportmaxx tires run the 3.2" rim hugh? Didnt know that.

There's two versions of the SportTraxx tires so be careful when ordering. There's a model 3970R which fits the old 3.2 rims, and there's a
model 5470 SportTraxx tire which fits the 3.8 rims.

Last edited:

Love the HPI Tires but they dont come with foams.... Anyone have a preferred foam for those? I just want some bashing tires so I am not wearing out my bow ties.

The sporttraxx run both 3.2 & 3.8 traxxas bead, be sure of with you need before ordering.

For foams I like the Ofna foams.
3.2 Medium #81100
3.2 Soft #81101

3.8 Medium #81104
3.8 Soft #81105

i think the hpi do come with them.

i need tires the reason for getting them is bc they are 1 in . off set