Time for a new truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpc

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am looking for another nitro truck. I have a revo and a merv and like them, but i want another one to play with. I was going to get a Baja but i dont have the room around where i live to play with one and realy enjoy it. I am looking at a Losi xx , a Savage xl or a MGT 8.0. Whats everyones thought. I just bash and blast it around the neighbor hood. Thanks

I've got a Revo 3.3 that I race, and a Savage X 4.6 just for bashing. My Savage is a super tough truck, and just a ton of fun. I'm not sure I would get an XL though unless I could get a 4.6, no one has anything good to say about the 5.9. I have nothing but things to say about my Savage X.

Went to the hobby shop today and now leaning towards a truggy they look like fun. and something different. Maybe a losi eight t. or a Associated not sure. This hobby is to addicting. lol

I'd go with a Savage X SS. The XL does look nice but I haven't heard to many good things about that 5.9 engine. Truggys are fast and handle well but aren't as good on rough terrain, depends where you run I guess.

Had a few savages now, as well as a revo, nothing bad to say about the savage.

You are gonna want to go with the Savage. When it comes to just pure bashing nothing beats this truck. I have one and it is a beast. This thing handles well on multiple terrains (grass, loose dirt, or packed dirt). Its also a great jumper if that's what you want to do. I love my Savage!!!

:Washington_National:redbuggy:

To be honest i dont realy need a new one. But i just want a new toy. I figured i would try something different. Realy thinking the truggy route. Thanks for the advice

To be honest i dont realy need a new one. But i just want a new toy. I figured i would try something different. Realy thinking the truggy route. Thanks for the advice

I bought an XTM XST truggy in February and I've had pretty good experience with it. I've taken a few lumps, but they were more my fault than anything else. If I had started by applying thread locker on every metal-to-metal nut and screw, I would have saved myself trouble.

Anyway, the truck has run very nicely. I followed the break-in procedures carefully and the engine has been reliable. I've been impressed with the performance. It's got a lot of punch, handles well and is very durable.

It's easy to work on and most of the materials (aluminum and composite plastic) seem to be of good quality. It shipped with a nice FM radio system, but I'm running it with my Airtronics MX-3FG 2.4 system.

I'm on my third throttle servo, though. The Cirrus servos have not been very good so far, but Hobby People has replaced them for me straight away at no cost. Also, the body is formed from thin Lexan and had developed cracks around the engine area. I'll replace it with a Pro-Line when it finally falls apart.

I bought it at Hobby People during a very good sale for $199.99. They usually run $369.99. Considering what I paid for it, I don't think I have much to complain about, and I've enjoyed it a lot.

I'm breaking in the engine on my new Associated MGT 8.0 flag body truck. So far, the engine has been a little more challenging to work with, but I found that the instructions for the engine that come with the truck are not the same as those you can download on the AE web site. The included instructions seem to be accurate.

I'm very happy with the apparent parts quality, fit and finish of the MGT. I was happy to see that there are some nice blue anodized parts used throughout the model. I was wondering if the composite plastic chassis sections would be sturdy against the aluminum central frame. They are, and the whole truck feels very well built. I've thread locked everything this time around. This truck has only a few metal-to-metal parts to worry about.

I hope all these comments are useful to you.

I have owned most of the above mentioned and If I had the cash to choose a new one it would be the Losi hands down! With a few upgrades it's a great basher and out of the box it will out handle every other MT out their.