three toed amphiuma

• Thread starter alpinehyperlite
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpinehyperlite

Original RCNT Nutswinger
Supporter
Police
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Any idea how to get rid of these f'rs? I been out in the pond all night catching turtles to relocate them, and discovered that there are at least three three toed amphiuma swimming around. One bumped my foot and scared the crap out of me. I thought it was a moccasin till I hit it with the spotlight.

4b19733426bc501df31a485441074ac8_zps96339ff9.jpg

Nasty bastards. My dad snags them with a treble hook set up under a cork, then chops them with a shovel.

Smallest one I've sen tonight is about 3 ft long. Not a fan.

I figured it out. 30lb test monofilament. #2 hook. Piece of hotdog. And a flat shovel. Thing still freaks me out.

null_zps8fcc7479.jpg

It's like a salamander.....but not!, kinda like a eel, never seen one up close but I hear the females have a lot of eggs

them things burrow down in the mud so there are prob others they are just burrowed in

eff that noise! I dont envy all those nasty things you guys have down there.

I'll try eating just about anything, but after handling this thing, screw that noise. It was producing mucus like a MoFo and got extremely slippery. So much so that I could not handle it any more. I didn't want him getting back into the water, so as the red queen said, "off with his head"

If it looks like a snake, walks like a Salamander and slimes like an eel, it's probably not a duck and it needs to be slammed with a shovel.

Nasty jokers. This looks like a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did he play with his dong at 6:40?

Yea, but too loud for the neighborhood.

What the heck, never even heard of those things.

Back