Thinking of getting OS .12TR Turbo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agm130

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I finished my new N-TC3 (#2301), Now i need an engine. I'm looking in the $200 or less price range. Any suggestions? Rear exhaust, non-pull start.

Man if you want an AWSOME DEAL THIS IS IT .12 CV-R 85 bucks This motor specs are
.12 CV-R 10A OSMG2046 1.00@31,000

The TR is
here is the .12 tr it goes for 169.99 here are the specs for the tr motor ARE 12 TR 10J OSMG2001 1.10@30,000 Threaded so the tr is .10 more hp at 1000 less rpm

So you can buy two of the CV-R motors right now for the price of the Turbo and the cv-r are great motors in my opion. X

link for OS motor Specs

Check out STS engines. You could get a modified mt12 for less than 200. they also have a 5 port turbo for less than 200. Check it out here at the CRC webstore. I think I am going to get one from them very soon. From the Yokomo camp, these engines are very competitive.

I've decided to go with a Trinity Picco XP-12s. I did a little bit of research, wasn't able to find too much info on this engine, I don't know if this is good or bad?

mjime is right, you can try a STS which is cheap and their able to keep up with JP's and novarossi, and cost nearly half the price. Or you can get a Mugen Mt12, which is a good all around engine.

Skip the Jazz and get a Mugen! MT .12 Bighead if you can find one. Think the new model is the Mugen RT .12. I know my LHS has em'.

Ill look online.

My bad - It is the MR .12. I have seen a few of the MT's still floating around on the web. I might just grab one myself although I wouldnt imagine the new one being bad...... You will find almost everyone running or have run a Mugen will say only good things about it. Especially in On-Road. I want to try one in my XXX-NT too!

Mugens are really great mills especially for the price. I know a lot of people who run these engines and have nothing but good things to say about it. Check out speedtech rc for some prices. They sell a lot of mugen engines, so catching them while they are in stock may be hard. Steve W from there is great. They have great CS but this guys is swamped so if you dont hear back from him if you email with questions, you know why.

Originally posted by NitroM3GTR
How much power would the engine in this be making?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3120504817&category=19168

And is that a good deal?

That doesn't look outragous, provided the engine runs well. My only concern would be that maybe it has been run hard or that it has sat for a while. You could easily end up with $200 out of pocket in either case.

BTW The motor looks like an OS CVX which puts out .56hp. Not too good nowdays, but I don't mind my OS CVX moto for just tooling around the neighborhood. For a beginer to average driver, it would have enough speed.

The older Mt12's had a front bearing problem, but I don't think thats too much of a matter since some engine to leak while their not running. They are very good engines, I should of kept my old one for spares, but was in the need for money so it had to go. The new MR's are also great engine like the MT12's

Ever drop an Acer bearring in there? I'm thinking about orderring quit a few but am looking for some feedback first. The front bearrings on a couple of my OS mills are leaky as all hell. I want to drop some of these bearrings on some of axle carriers and steering linkages as well.

Anyone?