The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hobbywing XR10 stock spec 100A. 140 bucks. race stuff is expensive.

Especially if your doing a stock class like me cause I need a blinky ESC (no electronic timing)

71Q5eeR-cyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Unless they have improved over the years, those things are like riding on concrete rims. The ones I tried a Looong time ago were freakin' solid and unforgiving.

Why not just try these?
Stop-A-Flat Puncture Proof Bicycle Inner Tube https://a.co/d/i9OJdxQ

Unless they have improved over the years, those things are like riding on concrete rims. The ones I tried a Looong time ago were freakin' solid and unforgiving.
I had some puncture proof tires I tried on my BMX bike when I was a kid. They were super heavy, and harder to pedal. But reading the reviews on those foams they seem hit and miss.

These look interesting as well. Extra thick where it matters, yet still uses an inner tube.
armour_thorns.jpg

I had some puncture proof tires I tried on my BMX bike when I was a kid. They were super heavy, and harder to pedal. But reading the reviews on those foams they seem hit and miss.

These look interesting as well. Extra thick where it matters, yet still uses an inner tube.
View attachment 186601
I have a set of these and they are a absolute pain in the arse to install.
They didn't play well with tubeless tires.

I agree, I'm sure riding down a rocky rails to trails would beat the crap out of you.
I'll stick with the green slime.

I use these and again they work great as long as you know where the hole is so when storing the bike the hole goes down to the floor and it seals it.
Alot of times the hole will show up the next day because can leak little drop of green slime that shows where the hole is.
However I use tubes with a Presta valve, not the Schrader valve.

IMG_1364.JPG

Last edited:
Eventually I'll go tubeless. My bike is tubeless ready but when I bought it, they were out of the kits.
I never went back to the bike shop.

Scored a 3/8" Metric Shallow Socket Set on the Snap-On truck today. They were on sale and saved $53.00 and I couldn't pass it up :thumbs-up:

IMG_3874.jpg
IMG_3873.jpg

Picked up a good deal ($125.00) on some slightly used 1/24 Furitek carbon fibre chassis with lots of extras. Easily worth two to three times what I paid. Full set of brand new Treal links, a spektum brushless motor and esc. A mofos motor, a bratazzi motor, 3 injora servo mounts, 2 of the chassis have furitek servos, a bunch of extra shock parts. Overall a nice bit of stuff to play with.

PSX_20240330_204712.jpg

Picked up a good deal ($125.00) on some slightly used 1/24 Furitek carbon fibre chassis with lots of extras. Easily worth two to three times what I paid. Full set of brand new Treal links, a spektum brushless motor and esc. A mofos motor, a bratazzi motor, 3 injora servo mounts, 2 of the chassis have furitek servos, a bunch of extra shock parts. Overall a nice bit of stuff to play with.

View attachment 186893
Holy crap bro, nice score. Absolutely worth more than what you paid.

I bought these long travel shocks for a rock racer/bouncer build. Nothing special or upgraded for now but eventually I will.
The shocks on it now are stock shocks from my newest 1/24 I just bought but they have very little travel.

71u0-WIzgnL._AC_SL1200_.jpg