The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I’ve had it over 4 years now and just been bored with it but, It is lowered a little, full bmr suspension in the back, relocated control arms, double adjustable pan hard bar. Tuned by Lund.
I test drove one about that year. It had the Ford Racing catback on it that sounded pretty snarly. The last one I had was a '95 5.0.

Last edited:
I thought when it came to hooks and lines that all fish are evasive.
In reality, not sure about other states but Idaho and Oregon do this to get more of our money.
My question is, what's that money used for? Affordable housing for the homeless fish?

The Sledge.

Positive camber and negative toe and the truck's handling reflects it.
1 complete set of Traxxas adjustable links.
TRX9549X
TRX9548X
TRX9547X
For this truck having all the wheels pointing in the right direction will be a new experience. All I need now is a way of keeping the wing from getting jacked.

I test drove one sbout that year. It had the Ford Racing carback on it that sounded pretty snarly. The last one I had was a '95 5.0.
I’ve had a lot of them from 85 and up, and several I wish I would have kept and one of em was a white 95 GT that I sold after I got a terminator. The 95 was simple and super clean with a lot of suspension work, exhaust, 3:73 gear, very fun car to drive. Guy totaled about a month after I sold it.

Classic sunday morning online shopping session!
-10bl120 esc for my granite
-Aluminum C and D blocks with required inserts for my sct410 2.0
-light bar and new cage for my capra
-10pr 4mm bullet connectors for stock
-red and black 12g and 14g wire for stock
-more coloured heat shrink tubing for stock

Hopefully my amain order comes faster than the last one (held up in customs)!

55 bucks off rc swap and shop bc. It's actually in Alberta though so the shipping was a bit more but I'm excited about it. I've wanted a sc truck for awhile and when I saw this on as a roller I jumped on it. It has the servo but that's it for electronics but I have so.e to choose from so I'm good. The only thing I have to figure out is if I use my brushless set up or the arrma mega 12t brushed motor and esc ? Oh and he suggested I get a new spur gear too so I've got a spur and pinion set coming. It'll basically be rtr when it gets here and I put about half hr to an hr work into it . Excited 😊 🤗 🤪

Screenshot_20240119_111138_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240119_111144_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240119_111148_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240119_111155_Facebook.jpg

55 bucks off rc swap and shop bc. It's actually in Alberta though so the shipping was a bit more but I'm excited about it. I've wanted a sc truck for awhile and when I saw this on as a roller I jumped on it. It has the servo but that's it for electronics but I have so.e to choose from so I'm good. The only thing I have to figure out is if I use my brushless set up or the arrma mega 12t brushed motor and esc ? Oh and he suggested I get a new spur gear too so I've got a spur and pinion set coming. It'll basically be rtr when it gets here and I put about half hr to an hr work into it . Excited 😊 🤗 🤪

View attachment 179740

View attachment 179741

View attachment 179742

View attachment 179743
I believe he said that it's actually an hpi sc 10 with a slash body . I'm not really sure if that's good or bad but it's a sc truck so ima happy boy 😌 ☺️

Picked this brushless Rustler up from some dude for 100 bucks... Dude didn't have batteries for the controller or car. Luckily I brought mine from the other car... It seemed to run fine on the 2s lipo.... Well guess what? This noob picked up a 3s lipo and stripped the spur gear and burned up the clutch a bit. I think the mesh was a little too tight and I didn't know it was a thing... Ordered a new magnum tranny. Might re consider the 3s thing.... Lol

20240120_155750.jpg
20240120_170652.jpg

20240121_090009.jpg

Picked this brushless Rustler up from some dude for 100 bucks... Dude didn't have batteries for the controller or car. Luckily I brought mine from the other car... It seemed to run fine on the 2s lipo.... Well guess what? This noob picked up a 3s lipo and stripped the spur gear and burned up the clutch a bit. I think the mesh was a little too tight and I didn't know it was a thing... Ordered a new magnum tranny. Might re consider the 3s thing.... Lol

View attachment 179756View attachment 179762

View attachment 179763
Not a bad score. Make sure your slipper is tight on the new tranny 😉

100 bucks for a stock ish VXL rusty. Not that bad
Wish I can find deals like that around me
Yeah exactly. I am not 100% sure on how beat up it was but the guy claims his kid ran it a few times, didnt have batteries to test it. He was kinda rude and not that friendly to deal with lol. I brought a battery to test for remote and the car seemed to run fine. But I tested with my 2S lipo battery. The guy had a few other cars. He showed me his rack he had that he said was full of cars but his boys don't play with them anymore so he was getting rid of them. He had a Stampede with Max D body on it for 150.

I have been looking around, and its hit or miss, just luck of the draw.

I wish I didnt mess up the spur gear but eh... Getting the fancy Transmission upgrade so hopefully that helps...

@WickedFog I love these markers. I got the 1mm. After taking days to chrome a light bucket I discovered the 4mm tip.

20240122_175442.jpg

I bought my non-resident fishing license for Oregon for $160 but that includes a two pole permit and a evasive species permit.

My LHS was showing off these little dusters. They can be recharged like a cell phone does. Been looking for something like this and today I decided to pick one up. I even made a black grip with some matte vinyl. I'm gonna put some snap on stickers on it when they come in the mail.

IMG_3698.jpg
IMG_3699.jpg

My LHS was showing off these little dusters. They can be recharged like a cell phone does. Been looking for something like this and today I decided to pick one up. I even made a black grip with some matte vinyl. I'm gonna put some snap on stickers on it when they come in the mail.

View attachment 179950View attachment 179951
I should get one of those
That would be helpful when coming in from a bash or just cleaning off my car from my race.

Back