The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one of those in a box somewhere... doesn't do me a lot of good as I like to only have one programmable remote for the entire system. The original remotes go in a drawer.
It's programmable for ALL your components. It works my TV and my surround sound as well. By the way, the installer told me it didn't need to be pointed at the box anymore. I can even keep it under the quilt in any position and it NEVER misses the signal.

I can even keep it under the quilt in any position and it NEVER misses the signal.

Since you don't have pockets there is no better place than to keep it then under the quilt.

Rolex, did you check to see if it would have been cheaper to change YOUR name to the one on the title?
Funny thing is, I actually suggested that.
Since you don't have pockets there is no better place than to keep it then under the quilt.
Lol. In the past there were many times I'd wake up and the hand holding the remote was outside the quilts and freezing cold.

Girl Scout cookies!
real girl scouts.gif

I bought the google chrome thing for my TV not sure what I can use it for, but one of my buddies at work was telling me it is a good thing to have. I guess I will hook it up tomorrow and see what I can use it for and take it back if I don't like it.

I bought the google chrome thing for my TV not sure what I can use it for, but one of my buddies at work was telling me it is a good thing to have. I guess I will hook it up tomorrow and see what I can use it for and take it back if I don't like it.
It's great because you can stream lots of stuff through it to your TV. I use it to stream Netflix, Hulu and YouTube from my phone, tablet or computer.

Yep so far I am liking it I installed it a bit ago the problem is I have Netflix, VUDU, and HULU through my TV and Blu-ray player. What I do like is I can get some of the network apps on my phone and stream through it. Still playing with it will update as I go, my buddy was telling me about an app showbox or something I will research it later.

Um, a pack of jato rod ends, and shiny new axial spur mounting plates (ax31168). A pack if tums, and and a pack of rolaids.

$519 for new ignition system for the 1:1 JKU.

Returned the google chromecast thing couldn't make it do what I wanted especially since we live droid free around here. I picked up an Amazon FIrestick to work with next hopefully I can make it do what I want.

I have Iphones 3 of them 2 for me and 1 for wifey, they are restrictive as to what I can download to them. So what I want to set up can supposedly be set up on the firestick and if not I will return it also and probably drop the whole thing for the time being. I am slowly trying to migrate away from cable and Direct Tv if the firestick doesn't work then I may try apple TV and see what happens. I am leery of jailbreaking my Iphones as I am concerned of having a brick instead of a phone.

My parents use apple TV on their boat when at sea and use a hot spot or Sat net for internet to power it. Much cheaper than self searching Sat TV or Offshore Sat TV. They love it.

I may check into that, the lure to Amazon is that I am a prime member so I get access to the Prime videos on it.

Picked up a 128 GB USB 3.0 Thumb-drive and a 7-port USB 3.0 Hub.

Chromecast devices aren't locked to be controlled by just Android, they're OS agnostic. I can use mine with my iPhone, Nexus 7, Macbook pro, and Windows all just fine.

I ordered a picatinny rail for my shotgun so I can mount some sort of optic for next deer season.

True but a few of the particular apps I am looking at will not work unless you have a droid device. The fire stick will let you download some android applications directly to it, I will try them tomorrow and let you know how it goes.