The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every time I move I have to buy a new plug as its always the other one and I can never find the one I previously had taken off.

good guesses so far, but it not the plug for a dryer...
ya guys give up?

i would say a new kitchen stove

Alright...here it is. aint they sexxxy. LOL

picture.php

Hardmikke was the closest. so shoot me a PM with your address.

What was the $45 item?

Ya prolly. Those look real nice too. My mom has a couple LG's, so futuristic compared to my $15 yard sale setup lol.

bout fuel line clips frpm the ford dealership. was cruising down the road and the old clip broker and blew the fuel line off. lost about 3 gallons of fuel while it happended. so i bought gas also

What was the $45 item?

Gas for the 1:1

It is amazing how much they cost but I thought we got a decent deal. The price we paid included the plug, exhaust hose, vent cleaning and 5 yr parts and labor support.

Now I just need to get a counter top in the room to 'finish' it off.

That's a good price. I recently bought an apt. sized washer/dryer and a stack rack for 1500.
I've NEVER owned a front loading washer since I always find something else to throw in after it starts.

this is our first front load but so far we love it. there is a timer set where u can add something to the wash but once that passes, you have to wait.

Love ours. However, remember a couple tidbits of advice that was learned the hard way for me.
1. Best not to use liquid fabric softener. If you must run a cleaning cycle with vinegar. The fabric softener clogs up in side.

2. Most models have a filter that you access by removing 2-4 screws off the panel below the door. This filter clogs giving a clogged exhaust error. Very easy to clean yourself Sooo long as you know about it.

Edit: filter is on washer (never heard of washer having filter before owning mine).

Last edited:
my mom and step dad bought new washer/dryer combo. they are front load. they like them and really they look complicated but they are really simple

Love ours. However, remember a couple tidbits of advice that was learned the hard way for me.
1. Best not to use liquid fabric softener. If you must run a cleaning cycle with vinegar. The fabric softener clogs up in side.

2. Most models have a filter that you access by removing 2-4 screws off the panel below the door. This filter clogs giving a clogged exhaust error. Very easy to clean yourself Sooo long as you know about it.

thank you for the tips on the liquid FS and the exhaust filter.

not oday but yesterday i bought ...... purple fuel line, pull start, batteries

soon i will be buying a 3.3 and rpm arms and end links

this is our first front load but so far we love it. there is a timer set where u can add something to the wash but once that passes, you have to wait.

Nice washer/dryer. One of my washers recently died, and I'm looking at the same Samsung pair myself. Haven't decided on a color though :D

Glad to hear you're happy with it, too. Front loads are the way to go, especially the newer style ones. They are far better at both cleaning the clothes and extracting left over water compared to top-load.

Made The Plunge

Yesterday I purchased my first 5th scale rc. Baja 5sc and some synthetic klotz oil.

Yesterday I purchased my first 5th scale rc. Baja 5sc and some synthetic klotz oil.

:thumbup:

---------- Post added at 8:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:40 AM ----------

thank you for the tips on the liquid FS and the exhaust filter.

I have owned front loading LG units for a couple of year now and in addition to what Chief said I would like to add that you may want to keep the door on the washer ajar when not in use so it can air out. It can get to smelling swampy in there due to to build-up around the drum and the use of a sump. It's sealed up when the door is closed so odor has a perfect place grow since it's both warm and moist in there.

It's not practical for use to leave the door wide open since our laundry room also housed the pantry so I stuck some self sticking velcro strips on the door and body of the washer in order to act as a latch to keep the door from swinging open all the way. Works perfectly.

Nevertheless, I will never go back to top loading units. Generally our laundry is done in half the time of our old top loaders mostly due to the decreased drying time.

Nevertheless, I will never go back to top loading units. Generally our laundry is done in half the time of our old top loaders mostly due to the decreased drying time.

Agreed. The laundry comes out of the washer almost dried.