The newest member to my addiction...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the new ride IMB. I can't wait to see that run at the next ECB.

Scott.

If he gets it built in time, you may see it in a video from the Round 2 of our Hampton Roads Bash.

holy poop i looked at that same buggy today and was going to post on it that damn kit was like 740 at my lhs if you dont mind me asking how much did you pay? damn i want one i was looking at it for like 1 hour reading the box and all the parts that come with it!!!just the way its packed alone is impressive!!!

hb1111 said:
holy poop i looked at that same buggy today and was going to post on it that damn kit was like 740 at my lhs if you dont mind me asking how much did you pay? damn i want one i was looking at it for like 1 hour reading the box and all the parts that come with it!!!just the way its packed alone is impressive!!!

I paid $640 shipped to my door from a guy on Ebay. Couldn't pass up the price.

Sky- Thanks for the info on the servos... I was thinking of either putting a 5925 or a 5645 in for steering. The 925 is quicker, but the 645 has more torque.
Do these buggies really need a high torque servo, or should I just go with speed?

Hitec 5925MG
Torque:
128 oz-in.
Speed: 0.08 Sec/60Degrees

Hitec 5645MG
Torque:
168 oz-in.
Speed: 0.18 Sec/60 Degrees

Last edited:
You know, you guy's keep talking about luck and how lucky he is.
He didn't win this, he bought it.
Was he lucky that he went in his wallet and found the money? No.
He worked for it.
The real luck will be getting it running.

MUUHHAAHAAHAA!

Congrats TJ!

You Da Man! Be certain to ship it to me to get it started and I will ship it back lol

Now I have buggy envy!

My poor K ride is just feeling sooooo neglected.....

Çh®i§tiªñ said:
Congrats TJ!

You Da Man! Be certain to ship it to me to get it started and I will ship it back lol

Now I have buggy envy!

Send me your "K" ride, I'll get it going for you.
I'll send it right back..December.

Çh®i§tiªñ said:
Congrats TJ!

Now I have buggy envy!

Make sure you get that thing done for next years bash... I know you've been swamped with work & the house... I'm hoping to be more organized if we have an ECB III.. Now I just need to buy some property out here, & build a track to run this thing... lol

Sky- Thanks for the info on the servos... I was thinking of either putting a 5925 or a 5645 in for steering. The 925 is quicker, but the 645 has more torque.
Do these buggies really need a high torque servo, or should I just go with speed?

Hitec 5925MG
Torque:
128 oz-in.
Speed: 0.18Sec/60Degrees

Hitec 5645MG
Torque:
168 oz-in.
Speed:
0.18 Sec/60 Degrees

the guy at my lhs told me that the 5645 has lot of problems and he gets lots of returns on them just thought id let you know i was going to buy one for my savage

Last edited by a moderator:
ImBroken said:
I paid $640 shipped to my door from a guy on Ebay. Couldn't pass up the price.

Hitec 5925MG
Torque:
128 oz-in.
Speed: 0.18Sec/60Degrees

Hitec 5645MG
Torque:
168 oz-in.
Speed:
0.18 Sec/60 Degrees

Ummm...based on what you just posted, the 5925 is not faster than the 5645. They are equal in speed. Given that, I would take the higher torque servo to minimize bump steer at speed. Granted, this is coming from a basher...not a racer.

HB1111, was he referring to the 645 or its digital counterpart the 5645? I have heard of issues with the 645 recently, but nothing on the 5645. Just curious.

Whoops... copied it wrong.. Fixed now.

Hitec 5925MG
Torque:
128 oz-in.
Speed: 0.08 Sec/60Degrees

Hitec 5645MG
Torque:
168 oz-in.
Speed: 0.18 Sec/60 Degrees

Last edited:
i don't know anything about the 5645, but if it's anything like my 645 then it'll have problems centering. the servo works great and has plenty of power to turn the wheels, but it centers like crap

Can't wait to watch the build. Don't know about the high end JR's though. Still waiting to hear of the JR Digi's that Ratzo said he was going to put on that K3. I run a JR 590 for thottle, and a HiTech 645 on the steering. By far not top of the line, but they seem to do ok for me.

Nitro_Freak said:
i don't know anything about the 5645, but if it's anything like my 645 then it'll have problems centering. the servo works great and has plenty of power to turn the wheels, but it centers like crap

I've never had problems w/ the centering on my 645....

Or even on my HS-55.....

Nitro_Freak said:

The digital variants (any of the HiTec servos that start out as 5XXX) are particularly strong in the re-centering area. In fact, that is one of the reasons many get digital servos.