The Kraken Vesla.5 is ALIVE!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H.D.

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Finally got the vesla and Taylor 46 done ! Taylor chassis ,braces , tranny case , lay shaft , black one gears , Taylor pipe , brp spikes , Taylor suspension arms, darn thing makes a mess of things where ever it goes 😵‍💫😂😵‍💫😂👍💪💪

IMG_20230428_210528685_HDR.jpg

I got a free set of mad max tires from ddm , I'll put them on front , also I'm having a glitch problem with it , I'm trying to sort out , changed , all electrical , and now I'm waiting on a servo from kraken rc , it keeps going to full throttle, scary thing , when not tied to a bench ,,,,,jeeeeze !!! That goodness for Killswitches ! Then I had to run it back twords me to get the Killswitch to work , wow ! Scarey thing but I pulled her around and saved the day 😂👍💪, well,,,, saved my money pit I geuss to say

Last edited:
Then there's this version,,,, had a few problems right out of the box , the stock motor just heats up and burns up , it went on the second run ! I talked with kraken rc ,they were great about it , sent me a new motor right away , but it heated up also , got back with them and they sent me a motor capable of 12s , I put that in and it's a great runner now , so good that I've broke three arms and a carrier so far , I've told them about how there parts are waaaaaay to brittle , he sent me a 40% off coupon if I wanted to upgrade to metal arms and carriers , I did that and the savings were huge, great company ! Been with them from there beginning , and it's always gone just great with them , he even sent me steel tranny gears for free to test out on the gas vesla , I exsploded those on my first run with the Taylor 46 , so just letting folks know ,,, there a great company,at least from my experiences

IMG_20230709_090305682.jpg

We have winter setting in , today was 42° and clear , I took the taylor46 vesla out today , that thing is insane ! I finally was able to confirm , it really needs thicker oil in those shocks , the e version I have is perfect for the weight of it , but the gasser is really in need of the change

Until the metal front bulkheads are available , you will find that , reinforcing where the steering bracket goes to the bulkhead , is in very bad need of some hermetically placed jb weld , sand it clean it , drowned it ! I've broke two in the same place , and this one broke on first stock screw being administered!! , I drilled all holes very slightly also , just passing this more bad news about kraken plastics

IMG_20231229_162206408.jpg

Unfortunately between Christmas and buying kayak tags, fishing licenses, camper tags and restalking fishing equipment for 2024, building a Vekta.5 isn't happening any time soon.

I used to be the same , dedicated elk hunter for centuries, until government ruined it , to old to dirt bile anymore sold all my bikes, still got the ski boat , it's great for rc boats , but I'm a rc addicted fool these days , but I really feel I'm done buying new stuff , it all need to be improved so much to do what I do , I'll just fix the things I got , it's fun doing that stuff , always been a fixer guy SOOOOO,,,,, 😨😵‍💫😨😵‍💫💪