THE GREAT DEBATE. ?maxx or savage?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bashmaster

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
lets here the ups and downs of both

ok the max is faster the savage is more unbreakable the max breaks alot the savage is slow i own a nitro mt my cuzin has a savage and frend has a max iv drove them both i like the max cuz its faster but if u want durable get the savage
-tylerjae

Go with a Savage. Savage is not that much slower then a Maxx and for bashing a Savage is far better. I own both and the Savage can withstand alot of abuse. If you need the Savage to go faster then all you have to do is buy a better engine, unlike the Maxx it would need the whole powertrain upgraded. The Savage also has better jumping and climbing ability compared to the Maxx. If you want faster and to be doing alot of repair buy a Maxx.

Hpi Says that the Savage SS and Savage 25 can keep up with the t-maxx in speed now, But when it come to bashing Savage owns the t-maxx the savage is like 11lbs and the t-maxx is 8lbs. The 25 comes with a rotostart SS dont and the t-maxx comes with a easy start, The t-maxx is more of a "newbie" truck It is more user friendly.

I own a Savage SS and bash it every weeked twice a week and only broke my brakes, I broke those the First day I got it

I just got a maxx pro .15 and It rips in bashing I think. I'v never seen a savage in person let alone drive one. I totally agree with dougc on how user friendly a maxx is, It's my second nitro truck and my first nitro monster truck. But I don't think HPI is right on matching a T-maxx speed. Even a small three pound difference can do wonders with speed and accerleration. My T-maxx bone stock with the TRX pro .15 can almost pull a wheelie. I'v also heard the Savage is the hardest thing to work on when u do brake stuff or just wanna hop it up. I'v never had to work on a T-maxx yet nor have I heard anything about working on them so I'll go set up a big ramp and come back with a 25 dollar answer after a quick trip to the shop.:thumbup:

Originally posted by bashmaster
lets here the ups and downs of both

USE THE SEARCH!!! There are probably 50 threads that have asked this exact question. It's debateable like Ford vs Chevy.

I agree it is and will be an unending debate, like the presidential debates we see every 4 years in the U.S. I have a buddy who owns a T-Maxx and was very loyal to the Maxx. Until recently when he started going home after our day of bashing with a few broken parts. He is now thinking of buying the Savage 25. I am not forcing him to do that, in fact I would like him to stay with the Maxx just so I have a comparison of how durable my Savage is. To each his/her own.
GO HPI!
:winnar:

i personnaly say go with the savage. i dont really care about speed. if you dont need speed go with the savage all the way. but unless your gonna race which i dont know why your gonna race with a monster truck, some people still do though. but if you need speed go with the maxx or just go with the savage and get hypertension 8 port, picco.26 or a wasp.26
vince

This is a never ending debate of which truck is better. There has been so many discussions in this forum over this. Both of the trucks are better than the other in certain catagories. If u want the perfect truck put them together and be happy. But I still say the Maxx is the better truck! :banana:

Here's an easier question. What's the meaning of life ? There is no answer to which truck is better. Each truck has it's own
pros/cons, ups/downs. Just because I like the Maxx better by no means makes it a bette truck. If you search the forums, like blazer said, you will find that there are things about both trucks that most of us like. Very few stay with the stock truck. There is inevitably (sp?) the hop-ups. Ask yourself which truck is closest to what you are looking for. If you plan on playing in your backyard with the nicely mowed lawn every other Sunday, then I hear Toy R Us is having a special on Nikko trucks. If you are going to bash, get dirty, and, oh yeah, get broken.....then step up, bring the checkbook and get either one. My bottom line.......I ride the fence on this one...........they're both great trucks, you can't go wrong with either one of them.

well I've gota maxx and my friend is just about to get a savage so its going down!!!

how many times has this question been asked? Like humboldt said its like asking; which is better ford or chevy? who the hell knows just go with your gut instinct and you'll love the one you get, trust me I had to do the same thing with my GT and the Losi each has advantages and disadvantages.

I'd hate to see someone choose a T-maxx over a Savage :violin:

Back