Team Associated RC18R

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FastEddy said:
Thats what my distributor just told me.
Wonder how long till the FT kit comes out. Thats the one I want.

My thoughts exactly!

Tom

I'm going to get the FT 18T for now and convert it later on if needed.
ill be road racing with it so I'm not that convinced the narrower stance will be a good thing for me.

That was the other interest I had in this new 18R program... would there be a conversion kit.....

I also agree with your concern on the shorter wheel base... At this point I do see it as a disadvantage. We shall see. It is still pretty neato!

Tom

it's a narrower track not wheelbase....I'm having an issue getting my MT to not spin out on the turns.....I think the lower height and narrow stance will help stop alot of that......I'm going to wait for the conversion parts myself.....I already have the Brushless setup ready to rock as an MT...and it's probably the most fun RC I own just for the convenience factor LOL....

Even with a narrower track it may not be that big of an issue with the cg somewhat lower.

You guys know about the new MRS4 Drift car right?
What does that entail? New tires/wheels? I have 2 MRS4's, it would be cool to convert one.
I love how HPI and AE are milking the heck out of their 18th platforms. :yes:

18R Lancer

Got an 18R Lancer for Christmas. =devil It drives like a go-kart with an attitude on steroids out of the box. Lots of power and great responsiveness to steering. Unfortunately it's still kind of wide. Can't keep from grinning when i drift it in a 10' X 10' spot in the cement parking lot at work. If you are running a Spektrum, you will need to change out the stock ESC as it does not work and play well with the Spektrum receiver.....

Last edited:
Just upgraded the little thing with a Reedy Mini Max SP19 from my 18t when I made it brushless. I took it to the lhs and the guy there was grinning ear-to-ear when he could drift it on the carpet inside the store. At least I don't have to shampoo th carpet there.:D

Back