t-maxx vs savage article in rc car action

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's state some depth behind reasons as to why you think either truck is good. FYI... if it were not for the TMAXX we would not have the MT's we have now. Bringing the TMAXX startedthe designs of more MT's to be introduced.

Let's state some depth behind reasons as to why you think either truck is good. FYI... if it were not for the TMAXX we would not have the MT's we have now. Bringing the TMAXX startedthe designs of more MT's to be introduced.

Agreed, but they dont make teh model T anymore though=devil

Agreed, but they dont make teh model T anymore though=devil

True but when making a comparison between anything..put some reason as to why not just your opinion.

I can honestly say that my old Savage 25 compared to my old Tmaxx 2.5 was a breath of fresh air. It was so much more durable than the Maxx. The TVP idea then was odd since it was the only ride that was not pan/flat style chassis.

Just to name a few things I liked more than the maxx..

Sealed diffs allowed for better tuning. Use your silicone diff oil wieght to reduce or allo diff action.

Drive line was able to handle Big block engines.

Big block ready.

Now the Maxx was no cheap ride either. It is a great ride to learn from. The aftermarket support for the Maxx is still strong. I would get one just to try more products on.

yeah I'm trying like hell to get a maxx but everyone wants cash and alls I've got is some other cars to trade

Thought someone had brought this up from the grave when I first saw it. :badair:

I could see Revo vs Savage. Got a Savage and could see the Revo being on top. (still love my Savage)

I don't trust the mags at all. Guess it is whoever spends the bucks on advertising wins. I have seen some good reveiws for Smartech. Sux for the new "person" just getting in the hobby. Where do ya go for advice?

here usually is about the only thing i trust anymore cause u get tuns of oppinions

so yeah getting my maxx this week i hope

All I know is my friends Revo 3.3 always has issues, granted it is about 3-4 years old, but constant, he may get 1 maybe 2 tanks of gas through it before something breaks. Constantly repairing it. Breaking arms left and right. Clutch issues (i think it is because his crank shaft is worn where the bearings sit) and it is no match (not even close) against my other friends LST2. That thing takes the biggest jump you can think of look like a 5 " jump. Especially when it has a full roll cage. :) I know the LST2 is newer so I can understand. But that poor Revo. I hope the new ones are better.

Even my another friend of mine's Mayhem is better then that Revo. The Mayhem is wicked fast it even out runs my Losi 8ight! (in a straight line that is) The Mayhem is not much for jumping or high speed turns though. But it seems to never break and is jsut as old, or even older than the Revo. Go figure, Just my 2 cents.

savage and Tmaxx no relevence dude?

Uh... Sorry if I was vague, but I was commenting on the Traxxus line in general, not to mention commenting about the Revo as above. Is that relevence enough?

If not, I do apologize.

I agree with the above statement about T-Maxx being the first of it's kind, but now-a-days it seems to be the major underdog. Another person we play with has an old T-MAXX and he has to stay away from us so he does not get run over, I do not know what the new ones are capable of, but I do not think anyone in our group would ever buy one.

I love my tmaxx but that imo sorry bout the relevence comment dude just trying to figure out where you were going with it

My TMaxx isn't exactly fragile. LOL I was at the park today with a couple friends and some of the people playing basketball asked to drive it... Well I told them to go slow, but obviously they don't listen XD Let's just say I've never seen anything roll that many times or that fast lol. Nothing broken, In fact I'm going to race my neighbor's Revo tomorrow when he puts in the new tranny.

yeah i flipped mine in the coldesack end over end ,full throttle about 12 times nothing broken except a big gouge in my nice rims

maxx ftw

Last edited:
yeah i flipped mine the coldesack end over end full throttle about 12 times nothing broken sept a big gouge in my nice rims

maxx ftw

I mean this in a very nice way...

WHAT THE HECK DID YOU JUST SAY??

Seriously, you really need to correct your post spelling and grammar. I had to read what you typed a few times to understand.

sorry man i fixed it i get like on a typing rampage and make typos i guess thats why you guys make the edit button

No harm, no foul. All is good.

So are these T-maxx's you guys have newer ones?

out ot the box traxxas has weak points, but they all do. If you run the right parts after you break them you will be fine no matter what you choose. Thats why I like them so much you make it your own creation. And thats why my wife hates my rig

Yeah, Elmer, I got mine about two months ago. So far the only things that have broken are the two front hingepins on the lower arms. (but I think they cam from factory like that...) And I've taken it off some pretty mean jumps. Flipped it quite a bit, too.

I have both trucks....They both run strong I like them both... The 2 companies arent just gonna relese a truck thats a piece a crap... they both have a good rep. Its just a matter of opinion... and whos broken what and blaming it on the company.... There should be a pole done on the site to see what the final say is.... :argue:

The pole would have to be done with people who own both. That is the problem. Everyone who owns Traxxus would vote for Traxxus and those who own savages.......well you know.

Another issue is popularity. Traxxus is real popular because there ad campaigns are really strong. Plus since the T-maxx was pretty cheap when it came out and a new design it got real poplular. So I think opinions would have to be made on comparision and not by speculation.

I guess we can get an idea from the comparisons they do in the magazines. The mag "X trme" showed the Savage on top for 2007.

Back