T-Maxx help Motor will not start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solidpain

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
OK heres the deal i was testing out the truck t maxx 3.3 out in the back yard, run great for 2 full tanks i let the truck sit awhile played with the kids talked to a bunch of ppl about the truck and how great it is and how they should all buy one and i desided to finish off the last tank i got the truck running as soon as i hit the gas it cut out so i did a quick look over out the gas level looked low and wanted to make sure, so i added more and it did the same thing again i ll try and start it again and now nothing it will not start at all. Is there a way to know if to test the glow plug and starter could be that too :bow:

For the glow plug test, just wrench the plug out then put it in your ignitor. I'n not very familiar with the EZ start system, but my guess is that you can take the plug out, put it on the wire, then push the button to see if the plug starts to glow.

I have tested a glow plug with an Ignitor when my truck wouldn't fire and the plug was glowing fine in the Ignitor. I checked everything out on my truck (Everything) and couldn't find anything I decided to replace the glow plug anyway and my truck fired right up. Moral of the story replace the glow plug any way and save yourself the headache.

You should of bought a revo ...hint hint

I think you are right today i toke it for a spin and just tapped a tree and broke the front arm and snapped the gear of the servo and just now went and bought all broken parts got it outside for 10 mins and now i get it running on 1st or 2nd pull of the pull start and now the car will not move.

Was the coil inside the plug glowing or was the coild glowing all the way out through the bottom of the plug. If the end of the glow wire isn't glowing it won't usually work too well.

Was the coil inside the plug glowing or was the coild glowing all the way out through the bottom of the plug. If the end of the glow wire isn't glowing it won't usually work too well.
its a brand new low plug and no maybe a little pink but in no way not all the way red

You should of bought a revo ...hint hint
i think you are right think you are right today i toke it for a spin and just tapped a tree and broke the front arm and snapped the gear of the servo and just now went and bought all broken parts got it outside for 10 mins and now i get it running on 1st or 2nd pull of the pull start and now the car will not move. its the spur gear

Just a reminder solid objects like a tree for example and RC's don't mix to well, LOL, when you replace the a-arms get RPM ones, OH and stay away from trees...

Just a reminder solid objects like a tree for example and RC's don't mix to well, LOL, when you replace the a-arms get RPM ones, OH and stay away from trees...
Yea thxz for the info i will try and miss the tree next time around
LOL