strimmer engine rc car advise plz

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fletch

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hi every1 i am quiet new to the rc car world and have a hyper st but i have a strimmer engine that is about 9'' and i have thought about putting it in a home made chasi.
would this be posible and if so does any1 have any advise of what i would buy for the roling gear and front stearing. i could make my own chasi plate.

ya, theres alot of one off gassers out there.

its mostly all about designing things to work. i would use a 1/4 scale servo setup for steering. buy bulk head/arms and such from ebay or such, and have at it.

the biggest thing i can see is the motor, it may not make the RPMS needed for a decently functioning large scaler.

yeap I would be worried about the same issue with the motor. But if you buy a motor it will be one of the cheapest parts of the build, you can get one for under $200 I believe. Haven't looked at baja parts in a few months.

thanks for the replys guys i will try that.
Anyone ells got any ideas i am open to ideas

I order all of my engine stuff from Dave's Discount Motors. They are excellent to deal with, have great customer service, and prompt shipping and processing. I think the prices are reasonable as well. Here's a good place to get started. The also have tons of upgrades, big bore kits, cylinder heads, and everything else that you can think of.

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/engineparts.html

Back