stretching suspension springs??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nedlynitro

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I remember reading up on a thread about there suspension springs being soft, and was wondering, how exactly would be the best way to stretch them out? I would imagine some heat would be applied and just a matter of stretching them out, but maybe someone has a good tip or technique on how to do this?? :)

It's a crap shoot to keep the rates the same. No heat required on these little guys. Stretch 'em to the same length and see how you like them.:)

Crap shoot is right and any heat applied wiil lose there tensile then there junk just get new ones the economy needs a boost!:D

Thanks for the info! Any suggestions on a good set of springs?? My rig is a t-maxx 2.5, i was going to look around and find some do some shopping but if you know of some good ones feel free to put it out there! :)

Trinity makes a selection of springs for the Maxx line. I've never had a problem with the stockers, but I use about all the pre-load that there's room for when I'm hitting big jumps. And some folks just don't like the looks of the clips.

Awesome I'm going to check them out, yeah i don't mind the spacers at all think they are great but right now it takes as many spacers that will fit to keep the maxx up and don't have the best of luck with the jumps with them being that soft and i even take the spacers out when it sits and put it on other tires to keep it up just think they are worn...but I'm going to check them out thanks!. :)

Back