street tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savage ray

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I know this has been discussed before , but I'm looking for some street tires to do speed runs with and was looking for suggestions. I've been eye balling the phaltlines are they any good. Looking to hit 60 MPH +.

I don't think you'll hit 60 with an MT but the Phaltlines should work well for you. The 40 series road rage would be good too.

Unless my Garmin nuvi is telling me a lie, it has hit 60 mph on the factory tires. They were ballooning so bad I almost lost it. That's why I want some street treads.

The phaltlines will still balloon. Only tires I know of that won't balloon are foams.

What engine and gearing are you running in your Savage?

HPI 4.6 on 30% nitro, RRP 48t spur, 18t clutch bell. Don't quote me on the spur it might be a 52t, I'm at work,can't remember right off the top of my head. I didn't think it was possible either but I got it warmed up and made a few passes, slid the garmin in between the front bumper supports and took off with it.

I run road rage tires and they dont balloon real bad i'm running a losi 427 44t steelspur and a 18t racing clutch with 3 speed trans with the high speed 3 gear but i dont think i'm hitting 60 more like 45 50 maybe?
100_1051.jpg

100_1049.jpg

100_1046.jpg

I didn't think it was that fast either. Out of the box before fine tuning , a buddy clocked it at 36 with his patrol car.????? Maybe it was a lucky pass but you better bet I'll try it again Monday.

I think your Garmin is a liar :hehe: 36 in very believable,my 25 ran 32mph with 15/49 gearing. Unless the X engine plate is a lot different than the 25,the 18/52 combo won't fit without some serious mods.

Well I don't thinks lying, it sure matches the speedo in my pickup. It's a 46t/17t combo. HPI claims 45+ out of the box, so I don't think 60 is impossible.

i also own a gps, it's been just about exact on the highway as just about any vehicle i have been in. i'm not so sure about low speeds though, i don't usually pay attention.

Back